Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to put camera in Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my LRMY about three weeks ago and love it. It's such a great car with no problems at this point. My family and I took it on a short road trip over the Memorial Day holiday weekend and had great experiences with Superchargers along the way. I was trying to film the drive from a GoPro mounted on the inside of the windshield, which worked well to film the drive; however, about an hour into the drive in both directions, the camera indicated that it was overheating and turned off. Obviously, this was disappointing as I've seen some great videos that others have put together showing their road trips. I had my GoPro plugged in as well as the drive was longer than the battery life. Any suggestions on where to put the camera to avoid this issue? This would be much appreciated. TIA.

For a more permanent install, like in the case of a dashcam,
there are brackets that you can attach to the rear mirror,
or you could bolt the camera bracket to the Tesla video camera cover.
This will protect the camera from the sun and makes it less noticeable,
so you will not need to remove the camera everytime you park your car.

Dashcam Bracket .jpg Blackvue Mirror  Install .jpg

Upvote 0
I got my LRMY about three weeks ago and love it. It's such a great car with no problems at this point. My family and I took it on a short road trip over the Memorial Day holiday weekend and had great experiences with Superchargers along the way. I was trying to film the drive from a GoPro mounted on the inside of the windshield, which worked well to film the drive; however, about an hour into the drive in both directions, the camera indicated that it was overheating and turned off. Obviously, this was disappointing as I've seen some great videos that others have put together showing their road trips. I had my GoPro plugged in as well as the drive was longer than the battery life. Any suggestions on where to put the camera to avoid this issue? This would be much appreciated. TIA.
Some people I know suction cups it on the glass between the driver and the front passenger seat and then they redirect the ac blowing directly at the go pro. They said they do voice over after because the mic picked up a lot of the sound from the AC.

Upvote 0