Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where's my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I just checked my account and another delay from Tesla. I ordered my LR Model Y in October 2021 and the date for delivery is all over the place. Today it now says June 14 - July 12. Yesterday it was May 20 - June 22. It seems that the delivery date changes a couple of times a month. Does anyone know who to contact about the delays. I'm getting really discouraged and perplexed about all of this. 😪 I just want my Tesla.

So, I just checked my account and another delay from Tesla. I ordered my LR Model Y in October 2021 and the date for delivery is all over the place. Today it now says June 14 - July 12. Yesterday it was May 20 - June 22. It seems that the delivery date changes a couple of times a month. Does anyone know who to contact about the delays. I'm getting really discouraged and perplexed about all of this. 😪 I just want my Tesla.
There is no one you can contact.

Tesla’s sales strategy is “f-you and wait”.

Customer response thus far has been “thank you sir, may I have another”.

Just reach out to the SA or local. Not everyones experience is as outlined above. My SA was rather helpful with any questions.

Sure, they can do that, and tesla people are generally helpful. There isnt anyone who is going to be able to change the date estimates though, or provide more information on why its changing. If there was, I wouldnt have a 2000+ page "LR AWD model 3 Waiting room" thread, for example.

Perhaps someone can help them find an in stock car or something (which is something a SA might be able to do), but they are not going to be able to "contact about the delays" that is going to have any more information than is available to this OP on the website. If they do contact a SA they will be told (politely, if they are polite and less politely if they arent) some variation of"

"I am sorry sir / ma'am those are estimates and will update regularly as the system gets more information. We suggest planning for delivery around the middle of the time specified."

Reactions: Winning Guy
There is no one. You just wait, or cancel your order and move to a different product. Sounds dry, but it isnt ment to be aggressive. I am just stating fact.
Jjrandorin

I didn't take it as aggressive. I'm beginning to think the same thing - moving to a different product. Hate waiting, but we've done so much research and Tesla has been out for a while and has a proven track record. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and probably another date change LOL. :(

Reactions: jjrandorin
Jjrandorin

I didn't take it as aggressive. I'm beginning to think the same thing - moving to a different product. Hate waiting, but we've done so much research and Tesla has been out for a while and has a proven track record. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and probably another date change LOL. :(

If its any consolation prize, for most people, once they actually get the vehicle, they tend to be very happy with it. Not everyone of course, thats impossible (making everyone happy) but in general, once the saga of waiting for the purchase is over, they tend to be pretty happy.

If its any consolation prize, for most people, once they actually get the vehicle, they tend to be very happy with it. Not everyone of course, thats impossible (making everyone happy) but in general, once the saga of waiting for the purchase is over, they tend to be pretty happy.
I think a thing yo remember is that while Tesla I'd a big name, their manufacturing capability is still limited. It is getting better, but not at the pace that demand has increased.

Add in supply chain issues, and the challenges are even bigger.

And there is no magic button that will make everything suddenly better. Even when Giga Austin is at full production for the SR version, there will be down time as Freemont changes to support structural batteries.

Then after all that is done, demand is still increasing and more factories will have to built.

Set expectations accordingly.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Sure, they can do that, and tesla people are generally helpful. There isnt anyone who is going to be able to change the date estimates though, or provide more information on why its changing. If there was, I wouldnt have a 2000+ page "LR AWD model 3 Waiting room" thread, for example.

Perhaps someone can help them find an in stock car or something (which is something a SA might be able to do), but they are not going to be able to "contact about the delays" that is going to have any more information than is available to this OP on the website. If they do contact a SA they will be told (politely, if they are polite and less politely if they arent) some variation of"

"I am sorry sir / ma'am those are estimates and will update regularly as the system gets more information. We suggest planning for delivery around the middle of the time specified."
All possible but to say there is No One is not a correct statement. He also didn’t ask to change anything simply check on status. Looking at his previous posts he noted that he still has not completed payment terms or finance so Maybe the SA may advise he needs to complete some of those items to get a firm date. To say no one is there is not a fair answer and in his case may be the wrong one.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
I have completed all steps, LR dual motor, just no auto drive feature. Ordered in October 21. been pushed now until November 2022- February 2023. coworker ordered the same but with autistic two months ago, and has gotten weekly calls to take delivery. When I talked to Tesla they blamed supply shortages. Not so. They are only delivering the high value card currently.

“Autopilot”- what an Apple keyboard correct.. jeez. But it seems like they are only filling the higher cost orders, not merely supply chain issues.
All Teslas come with autopilot standard. You must be referring to Full Self Driving. That doesn't affect delivery timing (anymore) though. Like the rest of the car industry, there is more demand than supply and supply chain/chip shortages isn't helping with the wait.

Reactions: Winning Guy
All possible but to say there is No One is not a correct statement. He also didn’t ask to change anything simply check on status. Looking at his previous posts he noted that he still has not completed payment terms or finance so Maybe the SA may advise he needs to complete some of those items to get a firm date. To say no one is there is not a fair answer and in his case may be the wrong one.
Have you ever purchased a Tesla before?

SA’s have no idea when you will get your vehicle. Delivery date is not dependent upon completed payment terms. There is no escalation path.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yelobird
Delivery date is not dependent upon completed payment terms. There is no escalation path.

Thats not 100% true either. Lack of completion of items in a tesla account can delay getting a vin assigned. For example, its always best to put "cash" as form of payment in the account, no matter how you intend to actually pay, so that financing does not hold up anything.

You can always switch later, and the above is what a tesla SA will tell people to do if they are asked.

Its also best to complete the profile, for the same reason... but there are WAAAAYYYY too many people out there who dont complete their profiles because they think they are going to flip their reservation, or because they just dont for some other reason.

So, A SA would tell someone the same thing I am saying right now, "complete your profile, choose cash", "ensure you have no open items waiting for you on your profile", worry about your trade in when you get closer to your delivery date because the value of your trade will change if its more than X number of days out".

Other than that, there is nothing they (an SA) can do with the question "why is my delivery date moving around?" , "Why is my car at the delivery center with no charge port?", "When will the charge port come in?" or anything like that, which is normally the genesis of questions like the OPS. Thats why I said "No one". It was based on what they posted in this thread.

Its not like I personally am down on tesla or something. I have 2 tesla vehicles, Tesla solar panels on my roof, and Tesla powerwalls in my garage (and no tesla stock). Tesla is not as bad as many people make them out to be, but I am also a realist when it comes to how they operate in many ways. One of those ways is, the SAs really dont have much more information than we do in the app for anything related to car delivery.

If you happen to get a "seasoned" one on the line, they may have some legacy access that others dont have to see some data that is not provided to SAs in general anymore, which is why so many people will get told by one SA "We have no idea" and another one might say "I see here in the system XXXXX" In neither case can they do anything about moving dates though.

Its just one of those things people have to deal with.

I agree, my co-worker actually received her Model Y a month or so ago and she is very happy with it.

Update - I finally got my Tesla - 6/4/22. I'm loving it. I thought I would have some trouble with the braking when you take foot of the gas, but I got used to that pretty quickly. Had a few issues getting my husband's phone connected to serve as a key, but got that all worked out too. I had to add him as a driver on my account. Only problem I have now is getting my Sirius/XM to work - still working on that one.