Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where's my "Z" button?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I appreciate the ability to change the acceleration, suspension, ride height and steering sensitivity independently (so many cars can't) I do miss the ability to change them all at once. Changing my Alpha romeo from normal to dynamic mode changes everything from the exhaust note to throttle response all at once. I typically drive my Plaid sedately, but I'd love a customizable button that could instantly change a whole slew of settings all at once. Many cars have this ability. Although it might be possible to save aggressive settings under my profile and a softer setting under my wife, that didn't seem easily changeable.

I would strongly encourage the ability to set up a few fast change group settings such as many other cars have.

I want may "Z" button, just in case the guy in the Hellcat, rolls up when I'm on may home from the grocery store.

I think you can do this yourself pretty easily. I believe the settings you are talking about are all saved as part of the driver profile. Just create a second driver's profile, call is something like Performance, and configure to what you want for your spirited driving. Then all you need to do is just change profile and you're there. Yeah, it's two touches (one to pull up the profile list, one to select the one you want), but I think gets you what you're after.

Just make sure you change the settings you want while you're in the respective profile. I accidentally was changing settings in the easy access profile lol and then when it switched profiles I was still in insane mode whoops.

A lot of those options can change based on driver profile. Keep in mind so does your seat though. So set a nice seat config for your performance profile :)

Reactions: MrKool