Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein Flex Z Coilovers – Model Y Install and Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TM6969 - The thrust bearing link you posted, shows an ID of 65mm, so that won't work. Measured my buddy's spring perch today, when I was helping him install his. Took a measurement, and seems like you need 70mm ID to work.

tein_16.jpg

You're looking at the Endura Pro Plus struts, which has been relatively problem free for us. We stopped selling FlexZ long ago.
Have you spoke recently with someone from Tein if the new kits of flex Z have those issues fixed?
Apart from the noise while turning the steering wheels which were fixed by adding that rubber band, there are other issues?
new partnumber from tein: VSAQS-C1AA3

Funny tough, I went from stock suspension on my Y Performance to EnduraProPlus with OEM springs which was good and then switched to UPP luxury suspension kit with their mild spring hoping for improved comfort and man... what a disapointment! - bining noise while turning the steering wheel and clicking/rattling noise over dips from front springs where two coils on both side are touching/sitting against each other and paint already peeled off just after one day of driving. And confort is worse than Tein with stock springs being sportier than before.

UPP does not reply to my emails about those issue, the seller of this kit is trying to help me but no luck so far. I have several options now:
1) go back to Tein enduraproplus with oem springs;
2) keep the luxury suspension kit but with oem springs - as you already said on YT - these are made by Tein being identical with EnduraProplus;
3) buy upp luxury coilover set from ebay (used);
4) buy new flex z coilovers kit

I have no intention to lower the car at all and seeking for more confort. after settling the suspension might downgrade the wheels from 21" to 19.

Thank you!

Have you spoke recently with someone from Tein if the new kits of flex Z have those issues fixed?
Apart from the noise while turning the steering wheels which were fixed by adding that rubber band, there are other issues?

Funny tough, I went from stock suspension on my Y Performance to EnduraProPlus with OEM springs which was good and then switched to UPP luxury suspension kit with their mild spring hoping for improved comfort and man... what a disapointment! - bining noise while turning the steering wheel and clicking/rattling noise over dips from front springs where two coils on both side are touching/sitting against each other and paint already peeled off just after one day of driving. And confort is worse than Tein with stock springs being sportier than before.

UPP does not reply to my emails about those issue, the seller of this kit is trying to help me but no luck so far. I have several options now:
2) keep the luxury suspension kit but with oem springs - as you already said on YT - these are made by Tein being identical with EnduraProplus;

I have no intention to lower the car at all and seeking for more confort. after settling the suspension might downgrade the wheels from 21" to 19.

Thank you!
I’d go back to your original Endura setup with stock springs if you liked that, and you don’t want to lower the car at all…

Or you can buy my flex Z’s!

Reactions: tom @ eas

Thank you!
You're confusing us with someone else, we haven't made any videos about Tein. No plans on returning to Flex Z anytime soon.

You're on the right track with the wheel/tire setup. One of the biggest improvements on my MYP in comfort was ditching the 21" Uberturbines and going to a 20" squared setup. I'm now running 20x10 front/rear with 275/40-20 Michelin PS4S , which is a relatively common tire size on the market and will make replacements reasonable when the time comes, also allowing tire rotation.

If budget is a concern, the ST Suspension coilovers are an excellent street kit for the price (not much more than Tein and with a 5-year warranty vs 1 year), it's amazing this kit doesn't get more traction on these forums. They're very well known in the BMW community and are part of the KW Suspension family. They even come complete with new top hats.

53087293774_5927740a79_b-jpg.961470

Last edited:
Reactions: ovidiux