Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which locking license plate system use use with Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought some Cruiser Accessories 81200 and the screws are apparently far too big to go in the Tesla. Which 'system' work with Model S? Which one have users purchased that work to lock down your plate (rear)?

Here is what I bought that doesn't seem to work: Amazon.com: Cruiser Accessories 81200 Standard-Stainless Steel Star Pin Locking Fastener: Automotive

Cheers,

GG

dd.jpg

I just went to the hardware store and got a pack of one way screws. a buck 50 is all they cost. they are the kind that are for a flat blade screw driver.

I bought some Cruiser Accessories 81200 and the screws are apparently far too big to go in the Tesla. Which 'system' work with Model S? Which one have users purchased that work to lock down your plate (rear)?

Here is what I bought that doesn't seem to work: Amazon.com: Cruiser Accessories 81200 Standard-Stainless Steel Star Pin Locking Fastener: Automotive

Cheers,

GG

View attachment 114641

Cheers,

GG

View attachment 114641

After reading your post I did a search on Amazon and found the attached which I ordered. Will see if it fits the bill. A little pricey - but - it's a Tesla - right?

Amazon.com: Tesla Logo Laser Engraved Steel Metal Screw Cap for License Plate Frame Set of 4 Anti Theft or Removable Style: Automotive