Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which one to buy RWD or AWD

Which one to buy

• LR AWD

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • LR RWD

Votes: 64 55.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For 2k AWD is the better value but since budget is pushing save as much as you can and switch to black RWD if possible. RWD is fine in all conditions don't listen to anyone telling you otherwise. You don't floor your car in bad conditions hence you will never have a problem and even then the traction control takes over. Grip is twice as good as any FWD car so if everyone can drive FWD I'm sure you'll be fine with RWD.

Reactions: WarpedOne
Have the RWD LR and live in Canada. We had a ton of snow this year and while I was a bit concerned the car handled great in the snow with winter tires. Took it to a parking lot a few times when the snow hit and couldn’t do a donut and found it very hard to get it to spin or fishtail. I pushed it pretty well. I didn’t worry after that because I knew my road driving would be infinitely more conservative that my parking lot tests.

LR RWD is actually rated for 335 miles. 25 miles of extra range is worth it if you’re not in a snowy climate.

Also, IMO when they discontinue the LR, it’ll be worth more on the second hand market especially when you do the net calculation of what you saved compared to what you sell for.

Thank you this is helpful. I’m debating for a used Model 3 whether RWD or AWD would be superior. I don’t need the extra power, but additional range would be helpful given the battery degradation. 25 miles is no small change. Sounds like RWD is the way to go!

Reactions: IdaX