Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White seat covers? Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HILARIOUS (sorry) but i'm more laughing at my own situation than yours! I do feel like I'm in a parallel universe! ( she says... sitting beside the one and only accessory I have so far actually purchased) the wheel cap kit for when the plastic aero wheels are off for in town.

Are you expecting august arrival too then?

You have to laugh! Mid to late August is what I’ve been told for the car; the seat covers, who knows! :)

I’ve been buying way too many accessories during lockdown. There is a possibility that my Jeda hub will be useless too, if they have changed Model 3s to USBC!

• Funny
Reactions: M3-Newbie
It looks nice - I think I’ll try initially white vinyl - assuming I can install it without air bubbles - but certainly something to consider longer term.
The white dash coordinates well with the rest of the white option (more so than the 'wood' with the black), but I have found one big practical problem when it's sunny and you look in the door mirrors the reflection in the window glass virtually obscures the view. Problem can be solved by winding the window down! When I've done more driving might look for a matt grey cover to solve the problem.

The main reason I wanted the white (although it’s not available now on the SR+) was I didn’t like the wood trim on the dash - the seats and door panels looked cooler in white too but only that wood coloured panel particularly annoyed me!

Has anyone found a decent quality and easy to install after market part to make it white?
You can make the dash white with a wrap or insert such as this: Model 3 & Y Dashboard Cap ABS - White Pearl Painted $129

Thanks for replies (and the welcome - Norfolk mustard!) totally understand re factory fitted and would normally spec that way too - but The £500 isn’t the issue - We have a grant and a 0% loan scheme here in Scotland, which avoids lease interest, which actually means tipping over £50k by even £1 effectively costs me £15k and for white seats - its just not something I’m willing to do... but watching all the videos with white seats.... they do look cool.

I can do a lot more with £15k of liquidity (I wish I’d tipped it into Tesla shares the day I bought the car before end of quarter!!) than the joy of factory fit white seats holds for me (it’s not about saving £500) understand why you thought that though,

I’m just researching white covers (or keeping the practical and totally useable black seats! )

if anyone has any experience re these covers please let me know :)

I may be able to help soon - I now have the (front) seat covers and I get the car tomorrow!

I may be able to help soon - I now have the (front) seat covers and I get the car tomorrow!

Fab - I get my car Friday so I'm envious you only have one more sleep! - I ended up switching to an inventory car which came with the white seats, so I won't be using them - but I did research them and watched a lot of videos on how to fit, and when done properly, they look really good - do let me / us / future ppl! know! :)