Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White seat painting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a stain on my ultra white seat that I can’t quite get rid of. Has anyone had any luck putting a balm or painting the seat? I spoke to a local leather guy who does a lot of work for the local Tesla service center and he hasn’t had any luck finding anything that will stick to the seats long term. Anyone ever found anything that works?

True story, when I sold my previous home my young son decided to permanent marker the white carpets just before closing. In a panic I posted online and was advised to use "Spot Shot" cleaner, from Walmart. Supposedly it doesn't remove the stain but turns it clear/transparent so you don't see it anymore.

"Spot Shot" worked like magic and maybe it'll work for your white seat stains.

If you use ANY chemical/cleaner that others have not specifically tried and reported good results with, please test first on an inconspicuous spot (like on the bottom seat bolster side or something) first.

What was the source of the stain? This will help in determining what chemical might be best to try and remove it. Usually, a good auto material-safe all purpose cleaner at strong dilution (1:4) will be able to remove the stain. If not, steam plus the APC would be another option. If that still doesn't work, a lightly abrasive approach (magic eraser) is something you can consider, although you need to be careful with this approach and not apply too much pressure or rub dry for an extended period.

If that still fails, a good upholstery person should be able to lightly sand and re-stain the synthetic leather. Alternately, I thought you could get the seat coverings new from Tesla for ~$500 (?) but may need a professional to install them.

Best of luck!