Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White touch up paint for a scrape

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a 2021 White Clear coast finish on the car. While taking a propane canister out of the back seat yesterday, I rubbed the canister on the paint in the door well. The good news is it does not show because the door covers it, the bad news is that I just barely touched the area and the paint peeled so easily right down to the metal. So I had to cover it. I read many horror stories that the Tesla white paint kit will not match the 2021 M3.

I would not recommend the following on the outside paint, but in this situation I bought Rustoleum white high gloss enamel. I sprayed it on a piece of cardboard and then used a very thin paint brush to apply. I am sorry I do not have a before and after photo but it came out pretty good, at least you do not see the metal and you really do not look closely in this area.

I have no recommendation for the exterior paint color for the car, but this seems to hide things in places that are not visible on the outside.

Have a 2021 White Clear coast finish on the car. While taking a propane canister out of the back seat yesterday, I rubbed the canister on the paint in the door well. The good news is it does not show because the door covers it, the bad news is that I just barely touched the area and the paint peeled so easily right down to the metal. So I had to cover it. I read many horror stories that the Tesla white paint kit will not match the 2021 M3.

I would not recommend the following on the outside paint, but in this situation I bought Rustoleum white high gloss enamel. I sprayed it on a piece of cardboard and then used a very thin paint brush to apply. I am sorry I do not have a before and after photo but it came out pretty good, at least you do not see the metal and you really do not look closely in this area.

I have no recommendation for the exterior paint color for the car, but this seems to hide things in places that are not visible on the outside.
I would suggest Dr. Colorchip, check out their website. I have used it on my M3 chips and you wouldn’t know if there were chips there or not. They also offer a kit for severe chips/scratches. Very easy to apply

Reactions: akajester
I would suggest Dr. Colorchip, check out their website. I have used it on my M3 chips and you wouldn’t know if there were chips there or not. They also offer a kit for severe chips/scratches. Very easy to apply
Thanks.
Went to the website and there is a disclaimer, it does not match.
It says that the white on my car is done in 3 stages, their color is 1 stage, it is a no go.