Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Brake Caliper - Touch Up Paint Match?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my 2020 M3P in at the local Service Centre for its 3 year brake strip and clean. Long story, but simple routine job resulted in scratches and chips to the red paint of the callipers. (Despite me talking to technician and emphasising “please take care” before the job!). Mobile Ranger came around this morning to carefully touch-in, but didn’t have an anywhere close paint match. I’m not booking it into Tesla workshop as have lost faith in the service, and know I can do a better job myself carefully touching in (using toothpick etc).

Can anybody recommend a touch up paint that matches the red Tesla performance brake callipers (which I believe are Brembo)?

Thanks, Mark.

F77764AB-6801-4BA9-A67F-4977C5435CF3.jpeg

Had my 2020 M3P in at the local Service Centre for its 3 year brake strip and clean. Long story, but simple routine job resulted in scratches and chips to the red paint of the callipers. (Despite me talking to technician and emphasising “please take care” before the job!). Mobile Ranger came around this morning to carefully touch-in, but didn’t have an anywhere close paint match. I’m not booking it into Tesla workshop as have lost faith in the service, and know I can do a better job myself carefully touching in (using toothpick etc).

Can anybody recommend a touch up paint that matches the red Tesla performance brake callipers (which I believe are Brembo)?

Thanks, Mark.

View attachment 945247
Yikes, was that the Newcastle service centre who did that?

Well the plot thickens, and it doesn’t half! Tesla have “tried” to source touch up paint, have accepted defeat and now booked me in for 4 new brake caliper replacements (zero cost to me, but their invoice north of £2k!!)

Seems complete overkill to me, and just unsure on what to do next. Yes it seems nice to have brand new calipers, but just wonder whether some other drama happens as part of this complete brake replacement??? Do I simply seek paint and touch in myself?

I’m open to advice, thanks Mark.

Well the plot thickens, and it doesn’t half! Tesla have “tried” to source touch up paint, have accepted defeat and now booked me in for 4 new brake caliper replacements (zero cost to me, but their invoice north of £2k!!)

Seems complete overkill to me, and just unsure on what to do next. Yes it seems nice to have brand new calipers, but just wonder whether some other drama happens as part of this complete brake replacement??? Do I simply seek paint and touch in myself?

I’m open to advice, thanks Mark.

How remarkable! Replacement is a very straightforward process so unlikely to cause other issues IMO ... but it's an opportunity for other potential warranty work to be be spotted that might otherwise go unnoticed, which is a good thing!

Reactions: mrkwats