Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is getting the First Model 3 of 2019? (VIN digit '10' - Model Year 'K' = 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NeverFollow

Aug 9, 2010
Who is getting the First Model 3 of 2019, with VIN digit '10' for Model Year set to 'K' = 2019?

tesla-model-3-vin-decoder.jpg

Anyone think they are holding the release of 2019 builds until they clear the 2018s? I just called and coincidentally all the configs I checked were Dec 2018 builds. NO 2019. Sales tried to tell me there is no difference on resale...I'm not so sure as the title does say 2018 or 2019 right? Wouldnt the resale market care?

Anyone think they are holding the release of 2019 builds until they clear the 2018s? I just called and coincidentally all the configs I checked were Dec 2018 builds. NO 2019. Sales tried to tell me there is no difference on resale...I'm not so sure as the title does say 2018 or 2019 right? Wouldnt the resale market care?

An Educated resale market wouldn't care because Tesla doesn't have model years.

As you know..Tesla differentiates their cars with features such as AP1 vs. AP2. It doesn't matter what year either car was built.

An Educated resale market wouldn't care because Tesla doesn't have model years.

As you know..Tesla differentiates their cars with features such as AP1 vs. AP2. It doesn't matter what year either car was built.

Yeah. At this point may as well wait for HW3. I also think a $1,500 price drop is coming before summer, but that is just a suspicion.

Anyone know when air suspension is going to be an option? Wonder what that will cost...

I think year model does matter. Resale value will be dictated by KBB and NADA. Both KBB and NADA are based on actual sales. If you ended up with a 2018, your book value will then be based on the actual sales of all the other 2018s.