Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who to contact at Tesla to remove sold Tesla vehicle from my Tesla account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded in my old Tesla at a dealership for a different vehicle. I saw the steps on Tesla's website on how to transfer the vehicle to the new owner but since I traded the vehicle in, there was no new buyer at the time so I didn't have any new owner's information to transfer the vehicle over to.

It seems that the dealership has now sold the old Tesla but didn't reach out to me to transfer the Tesla vehicle to the new owner. In the meantime, I want to contact Tesla themselves to see how I can remove the old Tesla from my account so I don't get billed for anything from the new owner but I can't seem to find a direct way to contact Tesla about it.

I checked Tesla's website but I can't seem to find a number or email for my situation. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I'm located in Canada in case the contact info is different here than in America.

Thanks

Did you try following the instructions tesla has to remove a vehicle from your account (not transfer to a new owner)?

Remove tesla from account.JPG

Reactions: GOVA and 240vPlug
This answer does not apply to the question as I have the same problem. I traded my model 3P in for a new Ford Lightning and thought I had removed myself from the car but on the tesla web page it still shows me owing my car.
The dealer is over 200 miles away.
When I go to the app and tap on 'add/Remove products I only get the add option, there is no remove option. No way to do this on the tesla web site.