Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does my Powerwall Export at 100% FULL rate during peak?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My house only uses 1.0 kW at any given time (when away in vacation, running air purifiers, etc)

Why does my Powerwall system export at FULL 5.5kW @ 100% till its depleted? Its been doing that for over 3 months now. Even when I'm not home. Peak is at 4pm

System 1:

- Tesla SolarEdge 7600 inverter
- 1x Tesla Powerwall 2.0 + Gateway 1.0

System 2 (just installed, separate system to the main panel. Not touching the battery)
- SolarEdge 10k inverter

System Overview:
  • Main panel 150amps (derated)
    • Subpanel 1 (backup panel) .
      • Tesla Solar w. SolarEdge 7600
      • Tesla Gateway 1.0 + Powerwall 2.0 (only 1 pw)
    • Subpanel 2 (secondary solar system)
      • SolarEdge 10,000

Screenshot 2023-08-07 154313.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-07 154316.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-07 154309.jpg

Attachments

• snapshjot pw.jpg
    snapshjot pw.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 85
What program/sensors gives the correct white background data?
Without the second solar inverter on a CT, the house number won't be correct in daylight.

1&2 are grid
3&4 are Tesla solar
Powerwall has CT internal
Gateway has have CT internal (if not relocated)

Possible cause (if I read things correctly):
Since the CT1 & 2 are physically in the same orientation, one needs to be reversed in the configuration to get the current flow sign correct. CT1 may be configured backwards. With CT1 and CT2 installed, grid reads 0 (other than phase imbalance). With only CT2, grid is half what it should be but is correct as to load/feed. With only CT1, it reads half grid backwards.

Upvote 0
Since the CT1 & 2 are physically in the same orientation, one needs to be reversed in the configuration to get the current flow sign correct. CT1 may be configured backwards.
Normally, these Neurio CTs are installed as shown, with label towards the source for both phases.

In the Gateway configuration, there is an option to "flip" them to be the opposite orientation. If this is set, then it should be cleared. But it still points to a configuration error in the Gateway.

Reactions: mongo
Upvote 0
Update:

- after calling tesla for numerous times (tier 2 is impossible to get to) and harassing them everyday, they finally came by
- CT 1 & 2 were reversed hence it looked like power was being pulled from the grid (instead of sent to the grid from excess solar)
- Tesla added a remote bluetooth CT clamp on the secondary solar panels so the powerwall can understand the entire input and output

Fingers crossed. Solar looks correct now (but that wasn't important to me). Its the powerwall that is important. Let's see if powerwall will properly discharge now.

Reactions: mongo
Upvote 0