Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Lock Up Every Powerwall Cell?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TheTalkingMule

Distributed Energy Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Powerwalls should definitely have 5 or 6 dozen "removable" cells in a separate recessed section up front. How else am I going to power my Tesla flashlights, power drill and lawnmower?

Obviously my Tesla lawnmower will utilize one or more of the convenient "12 pack adapters" that hold a dozen individual cells. Manufacture can be handled by Dewalt, Bosch or whomever.

Is there a plan for this or what? I feel like things like this are a key to Tesla becoming the "Amazon of Energy". In 2021/22 I'd like to see a 22+kWh Powerwall(PowerCenter edition) in this style and I'd like to to cost $8,999 installed as an add-on to a solar install.

Would be pretty sweet. I have a modestly small sized yard and have all battery powered devices - lawn mower, trimmer, blower. They work great for my use but I have a separate set of batteries and a charger since they're all brand locked. My Powerwall sits just a few feet from my storage shed so if I had the ability to pull out a pack and plug it in to my mower my life would be way simpler!