Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Lock Up Every Powerwall Cell?

TheTalkingMule

Distributed Energy Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Powerwalls should definitely have 5 or 6 dozen "removable" cells in a separate recessed section up front. How else am I going to power my Tesla flashlights, power drill and lawnmower?

Obviously my Tesla lawnmower will utilize one or more of the convenient "12 pack adapters" that hold a dozen individual cells. Manufacture can be handled by Dewalt, Bosch or whomever.

Is there a plan for this or what? I feel like things like this are a key to Tesla becoming the "Amazon of Energy". In 2021/22 I'd like to see a 22+kWh Powerwall(PowerCenter edition) in this style and I'd like to to cost $8,999 installed as an add-on to a solar install.

gpez

Apr 25, 2019
USA
Would be pretty sweet. I have a modestly small sized yard and have all battery powered devices - lawn mower, trimmer, blower. They work great for my use but I have a separate set of batteries and a charger since they're all brand locked. My Powerwall sits just a few feet from my storage shed so if I had the ability to pull out a pack and plug it in to my mower my life would be way simpler!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC