Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wider tires on stock 21s? 255/35/21 and 275/35/21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s time to replace my tires. Instead of going back to stock size (245/45/21 and 265/35/21), I’m wondering if I will run into any issues by going slightly wider with 255 (front) and 275 (rear).

I feel like the extra width will help with protecting the wheels.

Reactions: Russell
Yes 35 for the side wall. Just like you, I went with the slightly wider tires to get some curb and pothole protection.
I need to warn you though, you will probably have some rubbing on the fronts while backing up with the steering wheel turned all the way.
Sorry if I got your hopes up from not warning you in my 1 post.

Yes 35 for the side wall. Just like you, I went with the slightly wider tires to get some curb and pothole protection.
I need to warn you though, you will probably have some rubbing on the fronts while backing up with the steering wheel turned all the way.
Sorry if I got your hopes up from not warning you in my 1 post.
Thank you. Would it be a problem if I kept the fronts at 245 and run 275 in the rear?

245/35 front with 275/35 rears will be fine.
To add my two cents here I’m running 255/35R21 on the front and 275/35R21 on the rear. 2020 MSP. No issues, perhaps some minor rubbing during very tight turns on the front. Besides extra curb rash protection, the other advantage of the wider tires is they are the OE spec tire that’s on the MYP. So they’re much more readily available, and you can even get them very slightly used for a real bargain. I’m talking like $100 a tire on eBay or UnitedTires