Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will it ever be possible to order a MX in this config?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time reader, first time poster.

I've been obsessed with Tesla and Model X lately. I've found my "perfect" config but it's not really supported..

I don't want air suspension, but I have quite limited need to go over 5 seats, and I want the car this year!

I don't want perforated seats because I know it's hard to keep it clean, but everyday I drive by the Holland tunnel I dream about the bioweapon defense mode. I don't want the self presenting doors but at least that can be turned off.

I heard in the early days of model S, air suspension was a must have option but it's changed later obviously. Do you guys believe that's going to happen to the X?

I almost wanted to switch to MS but I really like sitting higher and having a baby on the way makes me desire that FWD for dealing with car seats.

75D in 5-seat configuration: 5 seats, no air suspension, default unperforated multi-pattern seats, add on Premium Upgrades Package. There you go.

The only issue becomes if you want the 90D or P90D, as the air suspension is included with those options. I'm not certain if that's just for the simplicity of the assembly line, prioritizing top-dollar orders early, or the additional weight of the heavier battery pack (it's worth noting that the 6- and 7-seat configurations demand the air suspension too due to weight).

And, of course, there's the issue of delivery timing. Tesla is, understandably, giving priority to those that pay for more expensive options. If you want the lesser Model X, you're gonna have to wait.

With a baby on the way, you may want to rethink the multi-pattern seats. Nothing will be easier to keep clean than black leather. And it is ~really~ comfortable.

Many people claim the multi pattern seats are a great choice, but many others claim they do get dirty easier, as any kind of mess will get ground into the texture.

thanks daroon! I have never seen multi-pattern seats in person. All tesla cars I've been in have leather seats. :( But the sales person in the tesla store told me that to keep clean, it's easier in the textile seats than leather seats. The next best is the ultrawhite seat because it's stain resistant. How did you choose between ultrawhite vs black?

You can configure with premium upgrades and multi-pattern seats, but you have to do it by phone. I almost made the same configuration myself (but ultimately decided on the black leather). I called to ask why the only question. They answered it was because the ventilated front seats from the premium upgrades are incompatible with multi-pattern seats.

So the answer they gave was you have to call to have the configuration changed as soon as you place an order. You'll lose the ventilated seats, but have everything else from the package.

I confirm that you can call and switch to multipattern black seats and stay with premium config. If the rep on phone says it is not possible, insist on asking them to reconfirm, my rep got back in half hour confirming it is possible.

However it is hard for me to justify the cost for premium package; Fog lights, cornering led and Alcantara headliner all of this together isn't the worth $4500. The air in Pacific Northwest is still fresh to not need a HEPA air filter as yet.