Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Newest Repeater Camera (1495864-20-E) work in my '18 M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whatever the case, I'll make sure to let them know. Like I've said before, I'm more worried about the glare going away than the variants I get.

Why? It's just a camera unit.

Let Tesla worry about the variants. All you have to do is state what the problem is and then let Tesla worry about what to give you. I'm sure there will be more variants for various reasons after today. Tesla's variants continue to roll out everyday and thankfully so. I resolve to just enjoy my car.

Reactions: laiod
I received a pair of E cameras today and they seem to have a larger exterior lens than all the previous cameras.

I'm still calibrating as I've only had them in for a few hours. I can confirm no light bleed from the signal lights (this should've been fixed in earlier revisions already). I don't remember if the older cameras has lens flare from headlights, but these don't.

Will try to come back and post any other updates. Other reason to upgrade was to have cameras with better night vision. Also been difficult to use the repeaters when backing into carports and garages where the light differential would make it look like I'm entering a black hole.

PXL_20231111_005006276.jpg

Original 2018 camera vs E

PXL_20231110_235612955.jpg

Compared to a Dec '22 build Model Y

I received a pair of E cameras today and they seem to have a larger exterior lens than all the previous cameras.

I'm still calibrating as I've only had them in for a few hours. I can confirm no light bleed from the signal lights (this should've been fixed in earlier revisions already). I don't remember if the older cameras has lens flare from headlights, but these don't.

Will try to come back and post any other updates. Other reason to upgrade was to have cameras with better night vision. Also been difficult to use the repeaters when backing into carports and garages where the light differential would make it look like I'm entering a black hole.

View attachment 989713
Original 2018 camera vs E

View attachment 989714
Compared to a Dec '22 build Model Y
Thanks for this data point!!