Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Ultrasonic sensors be removed from MX gullwing doors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am due to get delivery of a Model X between Jan-Mar 2023. I am concerned by the news that Tesla plans to remove ultrasonic sensors from all Tesla cars.
I know that there are currently multiple ultrasonic sensors in the MX to be able to safely open the gullwing doors.
These prevent the gullwing doors from hitting obstacles at the side (e.g. other cars or walls) and above (e.g. garage door).

Can anyone please confirm whether these are being removed in 2023? If so, I don't see how cameras can be a viable replacement since there are no cameras on the roof.

I am due to get delivery of a Model X between Jan-Mar 2023. I am concerned by the news that Tesla plans to remove ultrasonic sensors from all Tesla cars.
I know that there are currently multiple ultrasonic sensors in the MX to be able to safely open the gullwing doors.
These prevent the gullwing doors from hitting obstacles at the side (e.g. other cars or walls) and above (e.g. garage door).

Can anyone please confirm whether these are being removed in 2023? If so, I don't see how cameras can be a viable replacement since there are no cameras on the roof.

They're not removing them from the FWDs or the roof spine.