Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window tinting in the RDU area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would suggest TVP (Clear Bra - 3M Paint Protection Film - Window Tinting | Serving Raleigh, NC Area). It is near the service center on westgate in Raleigh. I've been going there for years and the quality of the work is excellent. They specialize in high-end vehicles and custom tinting and vinyl.

A friend of mine recommended them as well. I'm sitting in their lobby right now while they do tint and clear bra on mine :)

I was going to update this thread once they were done and I had a chance to look at it.

I guess we ran into each other today and didn't realize it. Congrats again on the car. It's sharp.

That was you? That's kinda funny :).

They did Suntek CXP 45 on the sides and rear, plus the whole front clear bra (plus a the rear bumper and around the rear wheel wells). I think in person the window tint is a touch lighter than it looks in these photos, they're taken at an angle without a lot of backlight.

I definitely would recommend using these guys.

KDiJz43ALgRL6gdn-slLBcZY7s3mzCBY2NimR0xoykQ.jpeg

aVhQI29grbHBZFO8y1ZOqZgaxAW9-RjiY-Dlw_PLatk.jpeg

Hey guys,

Hard to tell in the pics. Did they tint the small triangular glass at the front of the side windows? Mine has some pretty heavy matrix patterns on it that make it seem like it would be impossible to tint. Does it look weird?

I couldn't get decent lighting to shoot a good picture of mine, but yes, they tinted those two little bits of glass as well. Blends in great with the rest of the windows.

Hi folks!

I just got the tint completed at TVP. I also did the full hood, lights and fenders with the SunTek PPF to augment the factory paint armor.

They did a great job! Can't recommend Pete highly enough. I only wish I had a clue about the great work TVP does a couple of months ago, and I could have had them to all the PPF, gotten a higher quality product, and saved some money to boot! Oh well.

Also... TVP's film coverage includes the full hood AND the front fenders. Tesla's does not. Overall I think TVPs is a better deal than Tesla, as they cover a lot more surface area for a little more.

Thanks for the recommendations, I found this old forum off of my google search, I'll be getting the windows done here for my Model 3.

TVP is offering a partial bra for $850 and I'm considering it.

Hmmm...