Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 tint, pricing, and providers in DC area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Tint newbie here, so please excuse my basic questions.

I want to get my back and four side windows tinted to about the same tint as on the factory Model Y back and rear. Seems that’s about 35%; sound right?

There’s a provider in this area (A-Plus Tint) that seems to target Tesla owners on their page (tailored graphics, etc). They’re asking $800 for XPEL-XR and $1000 for XPEL-XR+; is that excessive or normal for this area?

Anyone have alternatives in this area to suggest? FWIW, A-Plus said it would take about 3 hours to do; sound right?

Thanks!

Todd

There’s a provider in this area (A-Plus Tint) that seems to target Tesla owners on their page (tailored graphics, etc). They’re asking $800 for XPEL-XR and $1000 for XPEL-XR+; is that excessive or normal for this area?

I used A Plus about 2.5 years ago for window tint, PPF and ceramic coating. I can't give you any info on their pricing, but they did an excellent job on my Model 3.

My research found another shop with a good reputation. You could cross-check their pricing. All American Paint Protection | Rockville, MD | XPEL Paint Protection