Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows not closing all the way when car is locked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EE67E81E-E819-4F53-8C05-13C142E79886.jpeg
6th day of ownership.I just noticed this this morning. When the car is locked, the windows doesn’t go all the way up. But when I’m driving it does. Is this a feature? Won’t rain get in if this happens? Anyone know?

Wait... what? Since when? My Model 3 never does this... How does it know when to raise your windows fully and when not to?

OP: Are you saying the that the windows roll up fully once you start moving? Or once you sit in the seat?

Yes, it rolls up fully when I start the car. So it was a tad bit warmer this afternoon. I did notice the windows fully rolled up after I drove and locked the car.
Does anyone know when this feature was implemented?

Oh wow! I had wondered what was going on with my car, I had thought my doors weren’t fully shut or something and the windows would jump when I got going in the morning... Started happening when my garage got cold in winter time...!
Thank you for this post, really solved a mystery for me!
The feature definitely works, it allowed me to open my door on an ice fog day where there was ice buildup.