Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windscreen tinting in London area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WllXM

May 4, 2022
London
I feel that my MY with white interior looks like an aquarium, especially through the front windscreen. Next to another car it looks obvious that there is less tint than, say a standard Merc or BMW, even when they have light/cream interiors.

I believe a low degree of tint film (around 20%) is legal, and I’m not necessarily looking for those flashy Chameleon tints either.

Does anyone know if there is any factory tint present on Tesla windscreens (0 or like 5%-10%), and if you have recommendations for a place in the SW London area that would install them?

Thanks

AFIK windscreen and front window glass let's in about 80% light, so any tint is likely illegal.
That was my question in essence. But last day in a parking lot, my Tesla windscreen was much clearer than the adjacent cars, so I assumed it was less tinted than the other cars. And it looks more transparent than the front windows, hence my question.
I suppose that no one here has done anything to their windscreen, then?

That was my question in essence. But last day in a parking lot, my Tesla windscreen was much clearer than the adjacent cars, so I assumed it was less tinted than the other cars. And it looks more transparent than the front windows, hence my question.
I suppose that no one here has done anything to their windscreen, then?
UK insurance seems to severely penalise any modifications to a car from factory standard. Thus, even when legal, I think many refrain from this sort of modification to avoid any insurance impact.