Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield freezing up while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#1 Has anyone had issues keeping their front windshield from freezing up while driving? Had red defrost on high and unfortunately could not keep ice from forming and blocking view. Conditions 16f snow/sleet - 15-20min of heat while driving I ended up pulling over and scraping multiple times just to get home. Tesla says thermal and HVAC tests passed.

#2 Also had this issue. Seems the bottom of the rear window would not defrost the whole window. I got this seemingly incorrect and backward response from Tesla service.
IMG_3951.png
IMG_3797.jpeg

#1 Has anyone had issues keeping their front windshield from freezing up while driving?
Had red defrost on high and unfortunately could not keep ice from forming and blocking view.
Conditions 16f snow/sleet - 15-20min of heat while driving I ended up pulling over and scraping multiple times just to get home.
Tesla says thermal and HVAC tests passed.
I wonder if using Wind-X would help, but prevent inside windshield fog and rear camera lens been covered by water.