Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tires for Telsa Y Perforance recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I picked up my Telsa Y performance in May so I never thought of getting Winter tires during the time. Next to that I never had a issue getting winter tires for any of my cars before, until this one. First when i go to Telsa the winter packages for my car is always out of stock. At the time being if i go anymore like Tire Rack if I get winter tires its out of stock until late January or in February so I would like to see where are other places that I might winter tires for my car

You might also try contacting your Tesla Service Center. Tesla service may be able to get you a set of winter tires for your Performance Model Y or at least the Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season 4 tires that now come as OE for the Performance Model Y.

Are there anyone that is running 19" with the Y performance when Italked to someone in the Service team that the 19" are not a good match with the YP
I'm running the 19" Continental Viking in 255/45/19 on my MYP. It works exactly the same as it would on the MYLR. It's just fine for a Winter Tire/Wheel combination. For that matter you could run an all season 19" tire/wheel combination year round if you wanted to. The car will perform just fine, It wouldn't handle the cornering at the same level as the 21" Uberturbines, but that depends on your driving style.

"This is the first time with a Tesla so I know that its a different servicing a Tesla v normal car. Are the jack adapters needed? do you trust other mechanics with the car."

Call ahead and ask; most tire centers that are familiar with Tesla vehicles don't use the jack pads. Even Tesla Service does not use the jack pads. If using a floor lift it is crucial that the pads of the lift arms of the floor lift are positioned at the correct lift points for lifting the Tesla vehicle. (See Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual, page 176.) Lifting at any other point will damage the Tesla vehicle, maybe even the battery housing.

If using a floor jack it should be a low profile floor jack. Then you can use one jack pad with the floor jack to raise one side of the Tesla Model Y (using the front lift point it is possible to lift both the front and rear wheels off the ground.) The jack pad is shaped, sized to fit the hole located at the correct lift point, also be captured by the metal cup at the end of the lift arm of a suitable floor jack.

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_y_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

Last edited:
Are there anyone that is running 19" with the Y performance when Italked to someone in the Service team that the 19" are not a good match with the YP
Yes. Me… 👊🏼

Stock 21” Übers in the summer &
Stock 19” Geminis fall /winter.

I cannot wait till both sets of stock tires from Tesla are dead so I can go wider on the Übers for curb protection & studless snows on the 19”s.

Yes. Me… 👊🏼

Stock 21” Übers in the summer &
Stock 19” Geminis fall /winter.

I cannot wait till both sets of stock tires from Tesla are dead so I can go wider on the Übers for curb protection & studless snows on the 19”s.
I actually purchased the Geminis 19" for the my YP and was going to get it mounted at the Tesla Service center and when my appointment they told me that the 19" were fit the Telsa YP because of the calibers