Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper streaks with every pass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

I don't know if the touchless carwash was the cause, but it started raining and I'm getting streaks across my windshield every wiper pass. New car's age is the reason, so film could be from touchless carwash? Carwash has about 2 weeks ago. How do I remove these streaks?

Thanks for the info.

Maybe streaks is not how I should describe them because they're not long. More like blotches that are always in the same area in the windshield? When the wipers first wipes past them it's not visible, but appears when wipers reverse. Maybe rain water partly hides them because I could also see them when I dry the windshield completely. I tried rubbing them out with paper towel, but they don't go away. My xterra also had the same issue which I thought was due to age, but this is brand new car.

I read water spot could be the culprit , but the shape are not bead like. And to remove water spot, they suggest rubbing compound and metal sponge. Should I do this with a brand new car?