Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

With paint and panel gap issues what is the best timing for car detail work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, assuming my MY that I eventually pick up next week has some paint and alignment issues (dont most? LOL), what would be the best timing for getting tint, ceramic coat and clear bra install? Usually, I would bring the car straight to the detailer to get it "protected" but am I correct to assume that all the exterior issues should fixed FIRST and maybe even wait a few weeks after "fixing" it (in case they had "secretly" recently repainted some panels to allow additional curing time) before bringing it to the detailer for bra, ceramic and tint? Seems like the best course of action but curious if people have any experience with how to best time it.

Thanks!

I have the same dilemma. I have Tesla coming to my house on 7/2 to check a few things out. I was told by the PPF shop to wait until my hood misalignment is checked out. I also plan to add ceramic tint on the roof and I should probably wait until this is done before I get ceramic coating.. Hope you don't have issues!

Reactions: aburrows