Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wood treatment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is everyone using to treat the wood dash and door panels in the black interior 2023 model Y? We live in Dry Reno and the wood already looks dry. Is it real wood to begin with? Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_4581.jpeg
    IMG_4581.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: lachambers
It is a real wood veneer with an open pore finish. I don't think you are suppose to use any wood polish or oils on open pore wood. From what I've read just dusting with a microfiber cloth and spot cleaning with water or very mild cleaner.

I think with the open pore wood may darken or change the appearance in the area you are cleaning since the grain is exposed.

It is a real wood veneer with an open pore finish. I don't think you are suppose to use any wood polish or oils on open pore wood. From what I've read just dusting with a microfiber cloth and spot cleaning with water or very mild cleaner.

I think with the open pore wood may darken or change the appearance in the area you are cleaning since the grain is exposed.
Thank you!

I have similar wood in my new Model S with "Walnut Decor" wood trim. I also thought it looked excessively dry and wasn't very easy to clean as it was excessively "open pore." I like the matte appearance and didn't want to ruin that.

I used "Trewax Paste Wax with Carnauba Wax, Clear" and am very happy with it. It is a furniture and floor wax and not a automobile wax. The wood still looks matte with a very subtle sheen. It looks better and feels amazing especially on the center console. I tried it in the back seat before I treated more of the surfaces.

Appearances are hard to generalize but I am really happy with it.