Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Working for Tesla Motors.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
It's been some time that I've been following TESLA Motors development, but only since recently that I've decided it's the place for me.
Whilst I have no direct experience in the auto industry, I trust my professional experience in the Aerospace Industry and overall international profile will be of interest.
I truly cannot think of another company I would rather work in, and through which feel part of something big making a real difference!

Here a link to my profile, any and all advise most welcomed: es.linkedin.com/pub/francisco-javier-fernández-plaza/4/8a/11/

Best regards,
Javier
@TeslaJive

Hi again all,

I wanted to add to my intro my latest info:
- Personal intro in this forum: Javier Fernandez from Madrid - Spain
- Facebook community to support TESLA's introduction into the Spanish market: https://www.facebook.com/PlataformaTeslaMotorsEspana

Looking forward to your inputs.
Kind regards,

Javier

Heh, sounds like what I am already doing for my own biz. Nah, for Elon, I want a technical role. Maybe the self driving AI.

Funny, what started as a joke will probably turn out to be true. It looks like I'll be out of a job soon so I might as well start applying for TSLA positions before my work visa runs out. Anybody know who I should contact?

Hi all, I have an interview with Tesla tomorrow and was wondering if any of you have had an interview and would like to share the experience? It is my dream to work for Tesla so anything that could help me prepare would be much appreciated. Any thoughts about the questions they might ask? Or any certain topic I should study more than others? I think that I already have a thorough knowledge about Tesla but im going to spend my last day getting all the small details down so that I will sound as knowledgeable as possible.
Thank you for thoughts and tips!

Chris

I don't know about the right way to go about it, but in addition to the showroom in DC, there is a service center in Rockville MD. Good experience at Rockville Service Center

I was cruising through this thread for the first time in a while and saw your comments. Shortly after making that post I contacted the service manager of the DC store. He was very friendly and personable, he did confirm my suspicions that all hiring is done from HQ. When the postings were made for positions in MD I did apply but my heart was not in it, in the morning that is a little more than 2 hours from my house unless I left really early in the morning and very late at night.

Now that I live in Herndon Va. I plan on aggressively pursuing a position at the new center near the Tysons area. (which seems like a perfect area since there are always a few out on the Toll Road)

Hi all, I have an interview with Tesla tomorrow and was wondering if any of you have had an interview and would like to share the experience? It is my dream to work for Tesla so anything that could help me prepare would be much appreciated. Any thoughts about the questions they might ask? Or any certain topic I should study more than others? I think that I already have a thorough knowledge about Tesla but im going to spend my last day getting all the small details down so that I will sound as knowledgeable as possible.
Thank you for thoughts and tips!

Chris

Hey Chris, how did it go?

The last time I spoke with them the interviewer was unbelievably friendly...so much so it made me incredibly nervous and I did not do myself any good, I kept tripping over myself. It is surprising just how qualified the candidates they interview are (an interesting topic of discussion for another thread). I too was (am) pursuing my dream job with Tesla, now I have much more complete credentials and a better idea of what to expect during the application process.

How did it go?
Do you now have any advice for the rest of us?

My son is a junior Computer Science major at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is interested in a Summer 2016 internship with Tesla. Should he wait to send in his resume until the post on the jobs site that they are looking for summer interns? Right now it has positions that he qualifies for for winter/spring 2016.

My son is a junior Computer Science major at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is interested in a Summer 2016 internship with Tesla. Should he wait to send in his resume until the post on the jobs site that they are looking for summer interns? Right now it has positions that he qualifies for for winter/spring 2016.
Politely aggressive is good.

Politely aggressive is good.

I agree. You won't get a job with Tesla unless you're persistent. Tesla has tons of applicants to sort through, so make sure your son's resume stands out and have him follow up with recruiters should he get a response. Recruiters want to know you WANT to work for that company and sadly a lot of great people get passed over because they did not stay on top of the recruiter.