Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WOT Count Exceeded - Battery Needs Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
This is BMS error 159 and displays as "Battery Needs Service. Avoid Hard Acceleration".

Who has had this error? Has anyone had it on anything other than a Ludicrous upgraded P85D?

What did Tesla do to fix it? Did they replace your battery or did they reset the BMS counter?

I thought you previously mentioned that Tesla told you if you updated to the current firmware that that BMS error has been turned off/disabled. So the only people that would get this error are people holding out on old firmware versions.

I want to know what Tesla did for batteries BEFORE v10 was available.

I'm pretty sure the first people that got it had their batteries replaced but that's probably because Tesla wanted to investigate to see if there was damaged or not. And since they've just turned the error message off they probably found there wasn't.

I'm pretty sure the first people that got it had their batteries replaced but that's probably because Tesla wanted to investigate to see if there was damaged or not. And since they've just turned the error message off they probably found there wasn't.

I guessed the same thing but wanted to find out if anyone had their WOT count error reset rather than having the battery replaced. I'm also concerned of course that the new v10 software will reduce the performance of my battery specifically because I've exceeded the 2500 WOT count.

You can see my concern here.

Ok, we ICE guys still use that word. I pushed pedal to the floor to pass a car yesterday, I got the DO NOT EXCEED warning line at 300kw.
Someone had asked yesterday, so I tried it, sure enough there it was, I was only passing 80mph going to 100mph. It stayed there till I let off pedal.