Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrap idea for my soon to be delivered MY in White - thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gillfoto

Wilderness Buggy
May 16, 2013
AK
tesla my GRN.jpg

OP, you do you. Looks are subjective anyways. Though I do think that trying to have a racing stripe that only covers the hood is going to look weird because they are almost always front to back.

I'm personally extremely partial to the Jim Clark Lotus era paint colors and would go with something like this if it worked with a Tesla and didn't break the bank (doubtful).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220721-202427.png
    Screenshot_20220721-202427.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
Reactions: towndrunk
OP, you do you. Looks are subjective anyways. Though I do think that trying to have a racing stripe that only covers the hood is going to look weird because they are almost always front to back.

I'm personally extremely partial to the Jim Clark Lotus era paint colors and would go with something like this if it worked with a Tesla and didn't break the bank (doubtful).
Yes, I was thinking British Racing green, the stripe could continue below the frunk, not over the roof and on the back body. Appreciate your comments though, I’m just trying to give a little personality.
🧐

That looks great on the car in your picture. I only like racing stripes on cars that can come with them from the factory. No tesla comes that way, so its a big "no" for me.

Some cars look good with them, like the one in your screenshot.

With all that being said, OP "you do you". Its up to you, if you like it, do it.

That looks great on the car in your picture. I only like racing stripes on cars that can come with them from the factory. No tesla comes that way, so its a big "no" for me.

Some cars look good with them, like the one in your screenshot.

With all that being said, OP "you do you". Its up to you, if you like it, do it.
Thank you, I appreciate your comments. The jury is still out, getting feedback is what I’m looking for. I know that I haven’t got it yet, kind of hard to visualize. Prior to this idea for my new MY I didn’t really have a great feeling for stripes. A full wrap is not on the table, so I’m just playing with the option of some sort enhancement.
Thanks again!

I'm personally not a fan of the racing stripes... unless it's a Pista.

But if you're compelled to doing this, you might want to wrap the roof and add strips up there to have a more complete look.

Roof3.jpg

Roof2.jpg
Well you do have a good point, doubt I’ll go that route. As this idea matures for my MY I’m beginning to think maybe No, Never! Thanks for taking the time to comment; with radical concept.
hey you do you.

Asking for advice on design you'll get as many answers as there are people.

Post up what you decide to go with. GL!
Thanks, for your interest.