Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrapping a White Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I purchased a white Model 3 a while ago and have been really wanting to wrap it recently. Preferably a type of black. I know the jambs could cause it to look a bit goofy and was considering paying quite a bit more to have them done as well. Has anyone wrapped their white Model 3? If so, what color? How do the jambs look with it? It would be awesome to see some pictures since I couldn't find many online at all.

I don't have mine wrapped, but looked into it briefly and stumbled across a video on youtube where the 'host' was cautioning against wrapping a light colored car a dark color, or a dark colored car a light color, as you will clearly see the contrast difference from the panel surface to the paint in the panel gaps (door hinges and stuff like that) and will look really goofy.

He chalked it up to... if you want a dark wrap, get a dark paint color and vice versa.

I'm sure you could get all of that wrapped, but I doubt it would be cheap

I don't have mine wrapped, but looked into it briefly and stumbled across a video on youtube where the 'host' was cautioning against wrapping a light colored car a dark color, or a dark colored car a light color, as you will clearly see the contrast difference from the panel surface to the paint in the panel gaps (door hinges and stuff like that) and will look really goofy.

He chalked it up to... if you want a dark wrap, get a dark paint color and vice versa.

I'm sure you could get all of that wrapped, but I doubt it would be cheap
I have yet to get quotes, so that is something I will look into. Starting to regret not getting black originally now. Maybe I'll find a lighter color I like. I just see so many white ones on the road and would like to be a bit different

Reactions: CCopperpot
I have yet to get quotes, so that is something I will look into. Starting to regret not getting black originally now. Maybe I'll find a lighter color I like. I just see so many white ones on the road and would like to be a bit different
that's precisely why I wanted to wrap mine as well, but honestly, the white has grown on me. I originally wanted grey, but I was already over what I wanted to pay so stayed with white and, IMHO, I think its one of the nicest colors they offer. It looks boring on the road, like you said there is a million out there, but in my driveway (all waxed up) I think it looks fantastic lol

At any rate, good luck and post pics when you have it done

Reactions: father_of_6
A
that's precisely why I wanted to wrap mine as well, but honestly, the white has grown on me. I originally wanted grey, but I was already over what I wanted to pay so stayed with white and, IMHO, I think its one of the nicest colors they offer. It looks boring on the road, like you said there is a million out there, but in my driveway (all waxed up) I think it looks fantastic lol

At any rate, good luck and post pics when you have it done
Appreciate it! Maybe I'll get a body kit or something to stand out lol. I'll make sure to post some pics if I ever end of getting it done

It all depends on where you are. $3000-5000 would be quite normal without the door jambs. Less than 3k is possible in some places and more than 4k even 5k in some markets. Also color and finish is an entirely personal choice. It only matters what you like. White is the worst color to wrap over, and black is the worst color to use to cover white. It involves a lot more labor than a car that’s painted black or dark grey.

It all depends on where you are. $3000-5000 would be quite normal without the door jambs. Less than 3k is possible in some places and more than 4k even 5k in some markets. Also color and finish is an entirely personal choice. It only matters what you like. White is the worst color to wrap over, and black is the worst color to use to cover white. It involves a lot more labor than a car that’s painted black or dark grey.
Hahahah of course that is the exact combo I want

wrapped mine bright orange.

incognito wraps does a lot of tesla wraps:

attached pics of wraps grey m3p to orange
PXL_20220830_221604156.jpg

PXL_20221004_210436622~3.jpg

PXL_20221004_210445638.jpg

was fun during Halloween
PXL_20221025_175430105.jpg

door jambs (on my x)
PXL_20201023_154420260.jpg
PXL_20201023_154309837.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20221004_214055907~3.jpg
    PXL_20221004_214055907~3.jpg
    731.1 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: cheqsgravity
My reco is to find a wrap shop that does tesla's/has worked on a lot of teslas. The shop I take mine to, the owner has 2-3 teslas and his shop actually has 3 tesla chargers right out side in the parking lot. They will know what parts to take out to get a clean wrap job and what the dos and donts will be.

Some questions/tips to ask:
1) what all parts do you take out to wrap the car?
2) Are there certain wraps that interfere with the electronics of the car. This was an issue in the past w/ ultrasonics and metallic wraps. Not anymore. But gtk how shop responds.
3) How long it will take so that you can make sure you have adequate battery. sentry/ac/cabin conditioning will all drain the battery
4) Might want to reset your spotify since you wont be able to hear music if shop happens to turn on music in the car
5) If they do touchups a week after putting the wrap to take care of bubbles and edges.

wrapped mine bright orange.

incognito wraps does a lot of tesla wraps:

attached pics of wraps grey m3p to orange
View attachment 964658
View attachment 964654

View attachment 964657

was fun during Halloween
View attachment 964666

door jambs (on my x)
View attachment 964659View attachment 964660
That looks absolutely fantastic. If you don’t mind me asking, what does a wrap job like that go for? I assume it was very labor intensive

Reactions: cheqsgravity
For model 3s it can go anywhere from 3.5K-5K. Yes the biggest cost is labor. But its a great way to personalize your car now that teslas are becoming mainstream. The shop kept my car for ~4.5 for the wrap. I also got my car tinted which took another 1.5days. So a lot of labor on wrap. My particular wrap was on the higher end $5K :( but I am very happy with the end product.