Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wraps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on the look out for a black Model X. Some of the used car prices are pretty decent but they aren't the color I want. An option is to pay to wrap the car. Inozetek is supposedly the best quality brand right now. Including the door jambs are extra of course. Has anyone done this? Any issues with the shop removing the doors, frunk, trunk etc (sounds scary having to remove the panels)? Any issues with chipping or longevity of wraps? I heard these wraps should be changed every 5 years or so, so they aren't permanent. May be a hassle to have to worry about it if you plan on keeping the car. Obviously paint lasts the longest. Any pros and cons from owners who have done it?

Last edited:
I wrapped my MX myself with know experience in wrapping.and I plan to re-do some areas, just because the first areas I installed the wrap are okay, but I know I can do it better since I had enough practice finishing the rest of the car. What took me 4 to 5 hours to do now only takes 30 to 45 minutes.I love the choice of being able to change it anytime I get tired of the color. The original color of the car is black.

Attachments

• 20200817_131414.jpg
    20200817_131414.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 292
  • 20200817_131226.jpg
    20200817_131226.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 20200817_131203.jpg
    20200817_131203.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: puhiniho and DVS930
Nice! we're almost twinning. Are your emblems glow in the dark?

We did our wrap ourselves a couple of weekends ago. The wrap itself was about 700. Getting it professionally done would have been 2,000 more, so I forgave my amateur mistakes since I saved so much and learned while doing it. I didn't remove any panels other than the black flimsy ones in the frunk.

Reactions: kvs25 and puhiniho
I am on the look out for a black Model X. Some of the used car prices are pretty decent but they aren't the color I want. An option is to pay to wrap the car. Inozetek is supposedly the best quality brand right now. Including the door jambs are extra of course. Has anyone done this? Any issues with the shop removing the doors, frunk, trunk etc (sounds scary having to remove the panels)? Any issues with chipping or longevity of wraps? I heard these wraps should be changed every 5 years or so, so they aren't permanent. May be a hassle to have to worry about it if you plan on keeping the car. Obviously paint lasts the longest. Any pros and cons from owners who have done it?
We like Inozetek for its "real paint look." Much more challenging to apply than 3M or Avery film.

Reactions: DaylightWT
View attachment 588382 View attachment 588380 View attachment 588381 View attachment 588380 View attachment 588382 View attachment 588380 View attachment 588381 View attachment 588382 Yep I have a 3M wrap on a black MX - it’s a Satin Glacial Frost Flip wrap with chrome delete and I couldn’t be happier! I wouldn’t recommend doing this yourself - it’s worth the little amount to have it done professionally! Make sure to get the ceramic coating and watch the dust and dirt stay away longer and the water just repel off!
Absolutely beautiful!! Great wrap & color combination! LOVE IT!!

View attachment 588382 View attachment 588380 View attachment 588381 View attachment 588380 View attachment 588382 View attachment 588380 View attachment 588381 View attachment 588382 Yep I have a 3M wrap on a black MX - it’s a Satin Glacial Frost Flip wrap with chrome delete and I couldn’t be happier! I wouldn’t recommend doing this yourself - it’s worth the little amount to have it done professionally! Make sure to get the ceramic coating and watch the dust and dirt stay away longer and the water just repel off!
how much was to wrap it? love this color