Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wrinkle on new seat, normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't notice it at delivery but just spotted a wrinkle on the rear seat:
IMG 0929 — Postimages
IMG 0942 — Postimages

Does that look like something Tesla could fix on a new car?

I’ve got quite a large crease on one of my seats that’s definitely a fault. I reported it the day after delivery. I also had small ceases on all the other seats that look like yours so I logged them at the same time. I wouldn’t expect them on another brand so with a car at that price, especially with the extra cost of the white seats like yourself.

They haven’t said they won’t fix them, but that was almost 3 months ago and Tesla still haven’t managed to sort it out due to a long wait for parts, long wait to rebook a service appointment and then the parts not fixing it.

Looks like the seat was reclined on something sharp at some point. Or something was put over the seat. Was the car fresh from a truck, or sat at a dealer for some time? If the latter, then there's your answer. Definitely not a factory defect IMO, but could have happened at the factory. If it was like that when you took delivery, Tesla should fix it for you. The problem is if they only send the seat cover, it'd probably never fit like factory again, and you'd be even more displeased with the result. Plus the possibility of not matching the seatback anymore. Maybe since it's not leather, that is not a concern. But the fit is. Since it's at the back, I'd personally leave it alone. It should get better over time IMO. I'd try a hair dryer and see if it helps. Good luck.

yes I have black seats and took delivery on dec 28, 2020... my car is the 2021 tesla model 3, which had an ugly crease on the driver's side, did not notice til the guy who deliver car left and so I waited 2 weeks to see if this would get better, paying attention not wrinkle it more, sitting on it flat. I made an appt at tesla, they quoted me a price to steam it??? WTF, that was not caused by me, and told them I waited b4 reporting it, and waited another 2 more weeks b4 I could get in. I truthfully think there is inadequate padding on the door side of the seat.
So when I finally brought it in they were able to steam out the right seat crease(which just started a few days ago) , they were unable to steam out the left side.. So to resolve my issues they are willing as a goodwill gesture to replace the left seat and ordered one with approval through their tesla service dept. And advised me that if it happens to me again there is a charge for natural wear and tear, it is cheap faux leather and they feel it is not under warranty. Will see if the seat replacement will do the job- part on order as of yesterday..
790 miles on my model 3, fyi no real quality control for these cars?????

Attachments

• 20210112_083231.jpg
    20210112_083231.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 603
Sorry to hear. And yes, don't get your hopes up... the creases and wrinkles develop in different places and only get worse with use and time.

Steam or summer heat only go so far.

Agreed the padding is inadequate and general profile of the seats are at fault.

Whole seat replacement, albeit overkill, is actually easier to deal with than taking apart the seats to replace subsections.

Padding itself is very tricky to replace properly because of the embedded sensors, wiring, heating elements. A royal PITA.