Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB 2012-2013 Tesla S Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeez. Is it really all that unreasonable for someone to inquire in this subforum about a used Model S? Obviously he/she could get a new car, or a demo, in short order, but asked if anyone was interested in selling a car of a particular type. Why be so rude and caustic? Is the goal to give Tesla owners a bad name?

I'm interested in a 2012-2013 Tesla S Performance loaded with low miles.
Welcome to the forums.

Some more details would be helpful.

1. What do you consider "low miles"? < 1,000? < 5,000?
2. Tesla has gone through many combinations of option packages in 2012 and 2013. It would be helpful if you list the minimum options that you require. For example, do you want Fog Lights? Some vehicles in mid 2013 didn't have that option even available. Do you want "2013 Red"? Some vehicles in early 2013 didn't have that option available. Do you want parking sensors? Most vehicles in 2013 and all vehicles in 2012 didn't have that available.
3. A rough ballpark on what pricing you have in mind isn't required but will likely bring more people out of the woodwork with vehicles they might be willing to part with.

One last note:
Definitely consider discussing the matter with Tesla as they have loaner and test drive vehicles for sale, with a discount for mileage (and sometimes for age).

Cheers.

Jeez. Is it really all that unreasonable for someone to inquire in this subforum about a used Model S? Obviously he/she could get a new car, or a demo, in short order, but asked if anyone was interested in selling a car of a particular type. Why be so rude and caustic? Is the goal to give Tesla owners a bad name?

I agree completely. And I think proper etiquette should go both ways.

If you're interested in purchasing, be specific on what you're looking for and ball park figure what you're willing to pay. A simple, "not interested in over MSRP" would eliminate quite a few "unnecessary" comments.

If you're seriously interested in selling, please don't bother with anything over MSRP. We all know how much you love your car and how "I won't part with it for less than $200k" but unfortunately this is the real world and no one is going to give you $200k.

NSXPrime Marketplace forum has very specific rules on postings regarding sales of cars. It even has a template for you to follow. Its awesome. I hope TMC would soon has a sticky regarding as well.

Just a thought.

I'm interested in a 2012-2013 Tesla S Performance loaded with low miles.

I have the following for sale: 2012 Signature Edition P85 #0745 of the first 1000 made. It has approximately 400 Miles on it and is loaded with the following equipment:
- Model S Signature Performance
- Signature Red Paint
- All Glass Panoramic Roof
- Rear Carbon Fiber Spoiler
- 21" Grey Wheels
- Black Performance Interior (Red Pipping)
- Carbon Fiber Decor
- 85 kWh Battery
- Tech Package
- Sound Studio Package
- Active Air Suspension
- Parcel Shelf
- Twin Chargers
- Supercharging

Build cost was $108,070. I believe the same build would run you around $120K today. I am asking $105K OBO. This car is in "mint" condition, sitting in MN and looking for a good home.

2012 Tesla Model S P85.jpeg

Please let me know if you would like any more information.

I have a white P85 in mint condition with 10,000 miles. Everything except the pano roof and dual chargers. I have been considering selling an getting an X when it comes out. Would definitely be more motivated if it sold before the end of the year so I don't have to pay the stupid KY property tax for 2014. Send me a PM.

Would definitely be more motivated if it sold before the end of the year so I don't have to pay the stupid KY property tax for 2014. Send me a PM.

KY too? That is so lame! I heard about Virginia's and thought they were a whacko state for having property tax on cars, then I found out connecticut has it too. I thought those were the only two states in the country that have yearly car taxes. Now KY has one? How many other states tax you every year for your car? That is one the dumbest things I've ever heard.

I'll likely be selling in the next couple of weeks. 2013 P85, Black/Black, 6,700 miles, tinted windows, garaged and in excellent condition. Options are from my original build sheet are listed below. I think the similar car new would be over $110K, but I'd sell in the mid-$90Ks. I've had 30+ cars and this is easily the most incredible and interesting I've ever had, but I'm buying a vacation home and it's just beyond where a single charge will take me. It has been a tough decision, and I'm still entertaining the option of an extra vehicle for those trips, but I don't really have the space for another car.

- Performance 85
- Black Exterior, Black Nappa Leather Interior, Carbon Fiber Trim
- Pano Roof
- Tech Package
- Grey 21" Wheels
- Sound Studio Package
- Carbon Fiber Trunklid Spoiler
- Supercharger Hardware
- Active Air Suspension

KY too? That is so lame! I heard about Virginia's and thought they were a whacko state for having property tax on cars, then I found out connecticut has it too. I thought those were the only two states in the country that have yearly car taxes. Now KY has one? How many other states tax you every year for your car? That is one the dumbest things I've ever heard.
NC as well calculates it under property tax... NH charges registration fees based on car value every year. There are others too I'm sure.

Maine has had a "property tax" on cars since 1925.

OT: At least it's based on MSRP and therefore is predictable. Personally, I think property taxes on houses are even dumber. At some point, some government official said this:
"We need tax revenue. We should tax peoples wealth and I think the best way to do that is to use the value (which we'll assess) of an unrealized asset they bought years ago, don't want to sell right now and by the time they actually sell it will likely have a significantly different value. I believe very strongly in the principle that taxation should be based on how much other people want your stuff."