TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

WTB: AWD, S,X, or 3. Replacing my car.

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by rDunivin, Dec 28, 2019.

1. rDunivin

rDunivin Member

Happy to travel!
    Cash in hand!

I urgently need to decide on a replacement for my car.

I haven’t decided between S,X, or 3.
    I do know I’m looking for AWD and autopilot 2 or later.

thank you

• Disagree x 1
  2. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

Not to be a dick but you kinda need to decide which model you want before you clutter this forum with a post. All 3 models are very different and cost very different amounts. Then once you settle on a model, each year will offer different options and features.

Be more definitive and less urgent. You have some work to do.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. rDunivin

rDunivin Member

No worries, let me expand.

My car got hit and it seems the insurance is going to total it.
    Biking and Ubering to work is fine in the very short term, but not a long term play.

I've driven all three Tesla models and would be happy with any of them to be honest.

The X is my favorite, but honestly a bit outside the budget right now.

As such, mostly considering model S or Model 3 Performance.

I'm looking for AWD, AP2 or higher, and to stay under $60k.

Not too concerned with milage, not at all concerned with location. I'll fly out to get the car.

Currently talking with someone for their 2016 FSD model S with 52k miles and free charging for $50k and another individual about their model 3 Performance.

4. boriszima

boriszima Member

for $60K you can buy brand new model 3 such as stealth performance for low $50K if you call Tesla to check for availability

5. rDunivin

rDunivin Member

Yes. This is one of the options I’m considering. A brands new stealth performance 3 with FSD for about $58k

VS.

A used model ‘16 S 75D with FSD, 55k miles, for $50k

and then looking for what others are selling.

6. rDunivin

rDunivin Member

Not necessarily needing immediate delivery but hoping to have decided by the 1st at the very latest.