TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

WTB Gen 1 tesla S roof rack 2012-2014

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Knightowl, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Putting this out there, I am looking for a used good working order roof rack for my wifes 2013 Tesla model S. Not an immediate need so in no hurry should this take a few months or even a couple years to find at the price I am looking to spend, $200 local to Colorado Springs or an hours drive proximity from here would also be fine. I will buy from anywhere but unsure what shipping costs would be, my zip is 80916.

If you have an old one laying around you dont use or maybe cant use any longer if you sold the old car think of me, I know my kids will grow and I will need it for my future family road trips since we wont be able to use the legroom space for storage any longer.

Thanks Tesla peeps and broader universe!

2. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Still in the market for a used working roof rack so giving this a monthly bump :)

3. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

still in the market but for clarification the specifics of gen1 roof rack were those made from 1/2012 - 5/2015

anything after 5/2015 is gen2 and would not work for my early S, 1/2" difference in the spacing from what I have read.

4. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Still in the market and see gen 1 racks popping up for sale for the price I am looking to buy, just a matter of time but thought I would bump this again incase someone else wanted to sell and saw this first.

5. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

looks like I may have just bought one, pending shipping.

6. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

no longer needed, purchase completed

now looking for a roof cargo box!

7. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Still in the market for a roofrack for my gen1 tesla S, the person I bought from on here who said it was gen 1 with all parts to install lied, it was gen2 and I cannot use it.

8. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

If anyone has the Whispbar Fit Kit K704 for sale that is what I would need to use the rack on my car. Otherwize I will be buying another and selling that one specifically as gen2 for newer cars.

9. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

this is gen1 I need vs gen2 I cant use for further clarification image.png

10. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

well I got a gen1 roofrack the other day, now I will list the gen2 one I bought before for sale since I cant use or return it.