Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: oem model 3 springs. Urgent (Bay Area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.

I’m looking to go back to stock from my unplugged performance mild lowering springs. Unfortunately I lost my oem springs during a move.

Does anyone have a set of oem rwd springs they are willing to sell or even trade for my lowering springs,

Looking to get these ASAP

Thanks

Hi.

I’m looking to go back to stock from my unplugged performance mild lowering springs. Unfortunately I lost my oem springs during a move.

Does anyone have a set of oem rwd springs they are willing to sell or even trade for my lowering springs,

Looking to get these ASAP

Thanks

Can I ask why you are switching back? I’m asking because I’m having my low springs installed on Tuesday. How do you like it and the ride quality?

Hi

First of all, I love the lowered look. It’s damn near perfect especially with the 20s from the performance 3. Also, unplugged performance has been very helpful getting me situated with their customer service.

On the freeway, it rides good. However since the distance of compression has been reduced, there is less opportunity for the shocks to mitigate road impacts. This is not a tesla or unplugged performance issue. This is physics. When I hit more intense bumps, it transmits more to the interior which is too be expected. Also, when the car is loaded up with passengers and going over bumpy roads, the rear is jarring and unpassenger friendly. See above reason.

The biggest issue I’ve come across is the clunking sound when turning. The oem springs are cut flat where they touch the rubber mounts because they are designed to scrub/twist when turning the steering wheel. With the aftermarket. The coils are round and put pressure points on the rubber mounts so they won’t slide/scrub. Therefore, when steering is turned, it creates popping sound of spring tension being released.

Keep in mind this is my particular case with my early 2017 vin 1531 car. I’ve read hasp customers on forums.

79C7ADC1-CBC8-4E53-A4CE-DDE2E161B729.jpeg
9531C24C-3AC3-4760-9013-98947F87D420.jpeg

Yeah, should double check. When I ordered mine last year, they sent me springs that had a 2” drop for moderates instead of 1.5” drop. They tried to make it right by sending new ones but for the cost of uninstalling and reinstalling, I just decided to move to MPP coilovers.