Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL + Ceramic coating ... do I still need to detail the car every year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By detail if you mean wax or apply a sealant, the answer is definitely no.

But you still need to wash the car on a regular basis. The ceramic coating will make it easier and faster to wash the car, but you do still need to wash it. And to maximize the effectiveness and life of the ceramic coating, you want to apply a ceramic booster spray once every few weeks.

By detail if you mean wax or apply a sealant, the answer is definitely no.

But you still need to wash the car on a regular basis. The ceramic coating will make it easier and faster to wash the car, but you do still need to wash it. And to maximize the effectiveness and life of the ceramic coating, you want to apply a ceramic booster spray once every few weeks.

Was asking about waxing. Yes, car is being regulary washed :)

Any recommendations re: booster spray?

Last edited:
Was asking about waxing. Yes, car is being regulary washed :)

Any recommendations re: booster spray?

I would check out the booster spray recommended by the manufacturer of your specific ceramic coating.

Ceramic sprays that I like include The Last Coat 2.0, Opticoat's Hyper Seal, and Adams Ceramic Spray Sealant. All of them are ceramic-infused. They can either be used as maintenance sprays for a ceramic coating or can be used on their own on non-ceramic coated paint.

Reactions: Trevor B