Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Protection or 3M DIY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone installed Xpel or 3m Paint protection? Is it a fairly easy DIY project? or not worth it it DIY and pay someone?
Please chime in...

While we offer some smaller DIY PPF kits, the standard coverage PPF you will want to take to a certified installer. PPF installation can be very tedious and you'll want someone who does it 40 hours a week to install it on your car.

Reactions: Genghis
I haven't done one yet (still waiting for my Y) but I regret not doing it right away on my current car. So I watched bearded tesla guy and he did one.
if you buy it through his link you get 10% off. It's going to be a lot of work prepping (cleaning/clay bar) but it will be worth it. I'll be ceramic coating after since everything will be clean. Watch the video. He gives a lot of good tips/advice. Like starting with the hood. It may not be perfect when I'm done but for 5 times less it's worth a shot. I just concerned about wrapping the edges and working out the "fingers" Got to do some more research but I don't even have a VIN yet.