Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y 21' Performance Wheel making weird sound.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah... brought it to tesla service center, they said its the little corner where i curb rash it somehow bent the rim just so slightly which the tire rubber itself cant seat properly on the rim, if you look at the video closely you can see the little rash part everytime that hit 6 o'clock position the sound comes on.
still surprises me, that curb rash is from a pothole and yet that minor damage created the sound. thats crazy! ive been people with whole rim rashed up and yet no sound.

@cottywoddy Oh I see it now. I was not watching the video at regular size so I did not notice the curb.

It just happened on how you hit the curb unfortunately. You may want to get a set of AlloyGator wheel protectors; I have them on my MYP shown in here.
oh wow you cant even tell from the outside! i'll definently check that out. I just cant get my head wrapped around how a pothole can do that such damage haha. it dosent even look that bad compare to the others.

it's from a sticker that's on the tire bead from the manufacturer on the inside of the tire. Only fix is to remove the tire and either remove the sticker or sand it down. Or you can wait a few thousand miles and it will wear off. Had the same issue and it took mine 15k miles to go away.

it's from a sticker that's on the tire bead from the manufacturer on the inside of the tire. Only fix is to remove the tire and either remove the sticker or sand it down. Or you can wait a few thousand miles and it will wear off. Had the same issue and it took mine 15k miles to go away.

oh wow instresting, SC was asking me to just buy new wheels but i was like really 900$ for that sound and cause by a little rash? no way. Thank you for the post that helped alot. ill message SC and see if they can do this instead of just selling me brand new tire.

oh wow instresting, SC was asking me to just buy new wheels but i was like really 900$ for that sound and cause by a little rash? no way. Thank you for the post that helped alot. ill message SC and see if they can do this instead of just selling me brand new tire.
Did you try removing and reinstalling the wheel cap? It's a 10 second check and you could save yourself a trip to the SC. That was the source of my squeak and it sounded exactly like yours.

really? Thought it was pretty common. I think it looks better. Gives the big wheel some depth, stock looked too flat for me. Here’s a zoomed picture, sorry don’t have anything else since I swapped wheels and they’re currently in storage.
IMG_9817.png
IMG_8869.jpeg