Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke Steering Wheel Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is what I just did. It is cheap and easy. Buy the bike handle bar wrap. They are available in many color. I picked the FU leather. It is mainly to help prevent slipping when I am make a wide turn.

Attachments

• yoke.jpg
    yoke.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 289
Upvote 0
Here is what I just did. It is cheap and easy. Buy the bike handle bar wrap. They are available in many color. I picked the FU leather. It is mainly to help prevent slipping when I am make a wide turn.
Is this forreals or some sort of joke? 🤣 I love road biking but no way in hell I'm wrapping that on a 100K car, Tesla should replace it if not I would take it to a shop to get it wrapped in real leather. Thanks for the laugh though!

Upvote 0
As if we needed any, this is yet more evidence that Tesla’s yoke was untested before it went to market, and is utter garbage unbefitting a base model Toyota Corolla let alone a car that costs over $100k at minimum. From the stupid haptic controls, to the outrageous number of functions that were deleted compared to the outgoing car, to Elon’s lie that a firmware update would enable a center horn, to the build quality, it’s an insult to Tesla’s customers. But they LOVE it.

Reactions: brooklyn
Upvote 0
No problem if you prefer a Toyota Corolla over a Model S. I and many others who actually use the Yoke strongly prefer it over the obsolete, unsafe round wheels. Maybe that's why some of the latest Toyota, Lexus, BMW, and other manufacturers are switching to the yoke. It's also been used in $1M supercars for years. It is disappointing that the very first 2021 Model S cars have a weaker covering than current cars, but Tesla is replacing them under warranty with the new design. I really don't understand so much hate for people that have never even tried it.

Upvote 0
No problem if you prefer a Toyota Corolla over a Model S. I and many others who actually use the Yoke strongly prefer it over the obsolete, unsafe round wheels. Maybe that's why some of the latest Toyota, Lexus, BMW, and other manufacturers are switching to the yoke. It's also been used in $1M supercars for years. It is disappointing that the very first 2021 Model S cars have a weaker covering than current cars, but Tesla is replacing them under warranty with the new design. I really don't understand so much hate for people that have never even tried it.
I own a Model S. I won’t buy the new one because I did try it, for many miles and in many situations. I wanted to be pleasantly surprised, wanted to like it, but the new controls are horrid—they ruin the driving experience of an otherwise vastly improved car.

Since I’m still a shareholder, I’m glad to read that you love the yoke, but referring to round wheels as ‘unsafe’ and ‘obsolete’ is laughable.

All this said, I don’t hate the *yoke* that much, but the haptic controls, myriad missing functions, absurd horn ‘button’, and on-screen ‘shifting’ conspire to create the worst ergonomics I’ve ever encountered. That’s what I hate. (Oh, and that’s there’s no choice, even though Tesla builds half a million wheels and stalk sets a year that fit perfectly. I hate that too.)

Upvote 0
Complaints abut the yoke are the lack of a traditional horn, the placement of the buttons that replaced turn signal lever. I saw a concept Lexus with yoke but they did not eliminate the center horn and they also have the turn signal lever. I bet the super cars on the race track do not use horn or turn signal. Nor do they do parallel parking or three point turns.

Upvote 0
With many feedback from Tesla owners that the steering wheel has come off, Tesery offers Tesla Model S owners an aftermarket steering wheel in premium leather for greater durability and comfort. You can click on the link to view

Upvote 0