Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle persistent since delivery - 22 S Plaid - help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a ticket with Service center about a year ago, they said this noise was due to a steering wheel column cover. Recently, I just got the new yoke and was hoping that would fix this, but it didn’t.

SC replaced this and the issue still persist. I brought it back on the last visit and they didn’t even care or look. Does anyone have any experience with this one? Sounds like it’s coming from the front left dash area.

Not too crazy bad but just enough to annoy you from enjoying your car lol

That noise IS insignificant, but it would also drive me crazy, at least until I found the source. It could be anything, but it sounds like some unused connector is loose and close to a plastic piece so that it rattles against it while the car is in motion. No easy way to track it down that I can think of.

Reactions: byeLT4
That noise IS insignificant, but it would also drive me crazy, at least until I found the source. It could be anything, but it sounds like some unused connector is loose and close to a plastic piece so that it rattles against it while the car is in motion. No easy way to track it down that I can think of.
I agree on both points ha.

The tech did make sense with the “steering column cover piece” as being sourced. But he replaced it and it didn’t stop it for very long.

It does sound like it’s coming from that area, love my car and just want it quiet

I have that exact sound on my 2021 MS Plaid . I too changed the yoke to a steering wheel. That sounds seems to go away on cold temps and come back on hot days. Agonizing! Would love a solution
Interesting, mine was a late build 21 December so it makes sense that it’s a common issue I bet.

I don’t notice much improvement in cold weather, but haven’t measured.

When the service tech was showed the noise the first time, he recognized it right away and said that steering wheel column cover should do it.

As with Tesla, that still could be the issue but now they’ve used improved plastics or rubbers that it may stop that. Think I may push for them to replace that piece again.