Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline horrible customer service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a full steering wheel yoke replacement from T Sportline and the website said, and still says was in stock on Jan. 18th. I heard nothing for 2 weeks after paying $1,200 for this steering wheel. I reached out to them and it took them days to respond. When they finally did they said they would reach out to the warehouse and let me know. Then they told me it was on backorder and they would let me know. I thought if I’m in a queue I would just cancel so I called again a few days later and they said they would have the warehouse reach out to me tomorrow. That was 5 days ago.

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find any other steering wheel option that doesn’t require you to replace the electronics in the core that isn’t 6 weeks out and I’m not comfortable pulling over the electronics. It’s just frustrating when you call them and they don’t know anything why not have someone in the warehouse that’s with customer service? A poor experience with T Sportline and it was my first so I probably won’t purchase anything from them again.

What has your experience been with purchasing steering wheel yoke replacements with T Sportline?

Sounds like their recent service has taken a hit. Not keeping accurate stock status on their website is a technical problem at best, and deceptive at worst, luring in customers to place an order by making them believe they can receive an item in a reasonable amount of time, only to be told weeks later that isn't possible.

There's a big gap between "being Amazon" and being a virtual ghost. It would appear that T Sportline just hasn't invested the necessary resources into customer service and inventory management, and they are now reaping the negative feedback that goes along with that. They've been around for years with a pretty large offering of products; this isn't a startup in someone's garage.

I bought a full steering wheel yoke replacement from T Sportline and the website said, and still says was in stock on Jan. 18th. I heard nothing for 2 weeks after paying $1,200 for this steering wheel. I reached out to them and it took them days to respond. When they finally did they said they would reach out to the warehouse and let me know. Then they told me it was on backorder and they would let me know. I thought if I’m in a queue I would just cancel so I called again a few days later and they said they would have the warehouse reach out to me tomorrow. That was 5 days ago.

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find any other steering wheel option that doesn’t require you to replace the electronics in the core that isn’t 6 weeks out and I’m not comfortable pulling over the electronics. It’s just frustrating when you call them and they don’t know anything why not have someone in the warehouse that’s with customer service? A poor experience with T Sportline and it was my first so I probably won’t purchase anything from them again.

What has your experience been with purchasing steering wheel yoke replacements with T Sportline?
Hi there, sorry for the delay! You've caught us with one customer service agent out on maternity leave, the second agent out sick, so we're down to 1 agent and admittedly catching up on calls/emails - thanks for the patience! We are also just moved to a new warehouse location, and working to setup pallet racks - temporarily a bit chaotic in the warehouse!

The alcantera wheel is stocked in low quantity (we have plenty of leather wheels in stock). Unfortunately the one alcantera we had in stock was deemed a blem, so we need to rework it. We updated the lead time on the site to March, but I realize this doesn't help you. I am happy to cut a deal on a leather wheel as an alternative to get you rolling faster if that helps. PM me please and I'll help!

Hi there, sorry for the delay! You've caught us with one customer service agent out on maternity leave, the second agent out sick, so we're down to 1 agent and admittedly catching up on calls/emails - thanks for the patience! We are also just moved to a new warehouse location, and working to setup pallet racks - temporarily a bit chaotic in the warehouse!

The alcantera wheel is stocked in low quantity (we have plenty of leather wheels in stock). Unfortunately the one alcantera we had in stock was deemed a blem, so we need to rework it. We updated the lead time on the site to March, but I realize this doesn't help you. I am happy to cut a deal on a leather wheel as an alternative to get you rolling faster if that helps. PM me please and I'll help!
I talked to a rep a few days ago and they informed of the March timeline.

I think keeping an accurate accounting of what’s in stock and having that reflect on the website was the biggest issue here along with the ambiguous replies from customer service reps. Both of those issues were rectified in that last conversation with T Sportline.

Thanks for the reply.

What sucks about T sport line is that they don’t sell partial wrap rolls. Their typical role is only 65 yards if I’m not mistaken and that’s not always enough especially if you’re doing a model S Iand still have plenty left over for replacing panels down the line. I asked if they could set a partial roll and they say they don’t so just beware if you want a roll for wrapping from T sport line you may have to double up on the rolls which are not cheap to begin with so you have extra for any replacement panels down the line.

I'm seeing something similar. I ordered wheels 4 days ago and they immediately charged my Credit Card, but no other communication from them other than an initial "we've received your order" email. According to the rules from the Credit Card providers, they are not supposed to charge your card until they ship the product, but in this case, my order still shows in their system as "unfulfilled". They can get a authorization from the CC which will show as "pending" on your credit card transactions and then when they ship the product they can actually convert that to an actual charge. Upon further examination, I also found that even though I purchased products under their currently active LUCKY10 & LUCKYSHIP discount codes for 10% off the order and free shipping, they still charged me shipping. So I inquired about that via email and so far I've received no response.

So I decided to cancel the whole order and communicated that to them via email to their [email protected] and [email protected] addresses. Still no response.

There is really no excuse for poor customer service and/or poor communication, especially if your primary business is e-commerce based. Flashy websites and YouTube videos don't mean anything if you can't deliver the products in a timely manner or communicate with your customers when they have a question.

I'm seeing something similar. I ordered wheels 4 days ago and they immediately charged my Credit Card, but no other communication from them other than an initial "we've received your order" email. According to the rules from the Credit Card providers, they are not supposed to charge your card until they ship the product, but in this case, my order still shows in their system as "unfulfilled". They can get a authorization from the CC which will show as "pending" on your credit card transactions and then when they ship the product they can actually convert that to an actual charge. Upon further examination, I also found that even though I purchased products under their currently active LUCKY10 & LUCKYSHIP discount codes for 10% off the order and free shipping, they still charged me shipping. So I inquired about that via email and so far I've received no response.

So I decided to cancel the whole order and communicated that to them via email to their [email protected] and [email protected] addresses. Still no response.

There is really no excuse for poor customer service and/or poor communication, especially if your primary business is e-commerce based. Flashy websites and YouTube videos don't mean anything if you can't deliver the products in a timely manner or communicate with your customers when they have a question.
This must be a rule I haven’t seen before not allowing a shop or business to charge a card before shipping? Even Amazon bills instantly. T Sportline has always provided a great product and service when I ordered granted I wasn’t expecting rush delivery for such a bulk order. Worth the wait to me. Shops get busy, and they are no Amazon.

This must be a rule I haven’t seen before not allowing a shop or business to charge a card before shipping? Even Amazon bills instantly. T Sportline has always provided a great product and service when I ordered granted I wasn’t expecting rush delivery for such a bulk order. Worth the wait to me. Shops get busy, and they are no Amazon.
I buy quite a bit from amazon (primarily I.T./tech hardware) . and they don't actually charge your card instantly. The last order that I placed was charged in 4 different segments over three days as the items were shipped. In my situation, I've been seeing this same behavior from Amazon for a long time.

For example, Visa states it in their rules: Visa Rule 7.6.1.2:

For a Transaction involving goods that are shipped (except for an Advance Payment), the Transaction Date must be on or after the date on which the goods are shipped.

I buy quite a bit from amazon (primarily I.T./tech hardware) . and they don't actually charge your card instantly. The last order that I placed was charged in 4 different segments over three days as the items were shipped. In my situation, I've been seeing this same behavior from Amazon for a long time.

For example, Visa states it in their rules: Visa Rule 7.6.1.2:

Does Amazon charge before shipping?

Note: If you place an order for an item sold by Amazon with a credit card, we won't charge you until the order enters the shipping process. If you place an order from one of our third-party sellers, (most items) the seller may charge your card at the time of purchase.

To get back on the subject of this thread, I also tried calling Tsportline on their posted number and it just goes to voicemail. I left a voicemail asking to cancel my order and provided my name and order number.

To recap, I placed my order 1 week ago and have sent them 4 different emails to [email protected] and [email protected] along with calling them on their posted number of (310) 880-3256 and have yet to receive an email reply or speak to a human. At this point I guess all I can do is to initiate a chargeback on my credit card.

So this sure is a poor way to run a company IMHO. I sure won't be doing business with or recommending this company in the future. I understand that some of you may have had a good experience with Tsportline. I've never attempted to do business with them before, so this is all I have to go on.

Chucko, sorry for the slow response here! As mentioned earlier in this post, we have 2 people out on maternity leave (at the same time), and on top of that, our newly hired customer service person had to resign to tend to some family matters - leaving our only remaining custom service person, who is split duty between accounting and CS help. So we really got hit with some shorthanded scenarios! And yes, we got behind on responses. Apologies for the resulting slow response - but sometimes life hits and things don't go as planned in a business. We are certainly working as fast as possible to solve this.

The good news is we've since hired a few more / new customer service people, and 1 of our maternity leave folks is due back next week. However, new staff is not as fast and is getting up to speed. But we'll be caught up soon and 'back to normal' on reasonable response times! We appreciate the patience!

That said, I'm happy to look into your order personally and see what happened and figure out a way to make it right for you! PM me if you like!

Last edited:
Update:

I had to settle on a manufactured defect steering wheel because the mid-March backorder turned into May before they would get new ones in. They discounted it $300 saying it was only 2 areas of miss-stitched alacantara which they showed me a video of. He specifically stated that everything else was working 100%. When I installed it, the left controls worked but didn’t light up and the heating element of the steering wheel isn’t working. I had no issues installing and I noticed the left controls didn’t light up I made sure to reseat the plug. I emailed them and I will let you know when they respond. Likely, it will be days and I will have to call them. But for the $1000 the steering wheel is I am not going to settle for what they shipped which is essentially a half working product.

This has been a disaster all around and as far as I’m concerned the only way they make this right is for them to send a fully functional wheel when they get one in May.

I will continue to update my experience with this.

Stumbled onto this thread a bit too late. I placed an order last week for a set of wheels and tires that I have now found out I need desperately (my current tire has a hole).

The website stated in stock and ships within 1-3 business days. The order is still unfulfilled and phone calls go straight to voicemail. I've left a message and sent an email. Hopefully I'll get a response within this week.

So much for my ski trip. Maybe I'll have to rent a car.

Stumbled onto this thread a bit too late. I placed an order last week for a set of wheels and tires that I have now found out I need desperately (my current tire has a hole).

The website stated in stock and ships within 1-3 business days. The order is still unfulfilled and phone calls go straight to voicemail. I've left a message and sent an email. Hopefully I'll get a response within this week.

So much for my ski trip. Maybe I'll have to rent a car.
yeah crap like that is annoying. can never trust those "in stock and ready to ship" status on sites and to top it off slow communication when youre trying to figure things out. very frustrating.