Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zombie Apocalypse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ng gives you a greater supply than lpg

you do lose a little power on ng compared to lpg

ng may not be the best choice in an earthquake-prone area

+1 on the natural gas being a tough choice in an earthquake area - was one of the deciding factors for me to go with the PW.

I'd say though you're losing more than "a little power" comparing natural gas to propane: propane has over 2x the energy by volume.

+1 on the natural gas being a tough choice in an earthquake area - was one of the deciding factors for me to go with the PW.

I'd say though you're losing more than "a little power" comparing natural gas to propane: propane has over 2x the energy by volume.

it's a big hypothetical but if an earthquake was strong enough to render your home unsafe to use natural gas, i would imagine it also unsafe to be in the house altogether nonetheless to use eletricity?

it's a big hypothetical but if an earthquake was strong enough to render your home unsafe to use natural gas, i would imagine it also unsafe to be in the house altogether nonetheless to use eletricity?
If your house doesn't have a problem, the natural gas supply network could have a problem that would result in loss of gas service, rendering your natural gas powered generator inoperable.