Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zusmarshausen Superchargers, Germany

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
Referral Code
On my recent trip across Europe I charged at the Tesla V3 superchargers at Zusmarshausen, near Augsberg.
I can heartily recommend a stop here if you are passing - it appears to be the German equivalent of Gridserve and has only recently opened.
Worthy of note are the 475kW chargers - I've not seen anything that fast before! A very reasonable €0.35 per kWh too. (the Tesla chargers were €0.40)
I didn't try them out as the v3 charger had quickly ramped up to 245kW and my splash and dash visit was all too brief.
I suspect that they are for future HGVs. The design has car charging around an outer circle with 12 Tesla superchargers and about 20 other chargers in operation (with plenty of space for expansion) and the area under the high roof dedicated to these ultra superfast chargers.
Anyway the shape of things to come.....

PS Kaffee und Kuchen waren sehr gut!
IMG_0623.jpeg
IMG_0614.jpeg
IMG_0618.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0620.jpeg
    IMG_0620.jpeg
    799.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0615.jpeg
    IMG_0615.jpeg
    526.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Thats a big expanse of roof. Did you get a chance to find out if anything useful installed on it?

I really like the style, both modern, futuristic even and retro at the same time.
I couldn't quite make out if there were panels on the roof but it wouldn't surprise me if there were or if there is a nearby solar farm or wind farm that supplies the facility.
What was missing was a low tech windscreen cleaning bucket and squeegee! But there were bins!

Did you check out Hilden ?? I'm currently on the way back through France and all the SuC stations on the Med from France into Spain are in hotel car parks. We're in Pau tonight after a drive over the pyrenees and yes it's in another hotel car park.

Did you check out Hilden ?? I'm currently on the way back through France and all the SuC stations on the Med from France into Spain are in hotel car parks. We're in Pau tonight after a drive over the pyrenees and yes it's in another hotel car park.
No I didn't go as far north as that.
I don't mind chargers in hotel car parks (as long as Parking Eye etc are not used).
I stayed overnight in the Mercure in Strasbourg, although I wouldn't recommend it, because of the chargers outside.
I quickly charged up to 60% when we arrived and then next morning plugged in again and went to breakfast. 25 mins later we were on the road at 96% with a nice warm battery.

Reactions: Mr H
No I didn't go as far north as that.
I don't mind chargers in hotel car parks (as long as Parking Eye etc are not used).
I stayed overnight in the Mercure in Strasbourg, although I wouldn't recommend it, because of the chargers outside.
I quickly charged up to 60% when we arrived and then next morning plugged in again and went to breakfast. 25 mins later we were on the road at 96% with a nice warm battery.
exactly as we did in Sisteron

I did go to Hilden a couple of times recently, fantastic user experience although the surrounding area is still under construction. V2 and V3 chargers and also I saw a couple of Model Y being photographed for a local Magazine.

Some fast non-Tesla chargers too.

Cafee und küchen sehr gut auch!

Reactions: Mr H
I did go to Hilden a couple of times recently, fantastic user experience although the surrounding area is still under construction. V2 and V3 chargers and also I saw a couple of Model Y being photographed for a local Magazine.

Some fast non-Tesla chargers too.

Cafee und küchen sehr gut auch!
I’ll be visiting there next summer. We did go there last September when it was still being built. All the SuC were on temporary pallets and the snack bar was full of wasps, yuk