Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dan Ives of Wedbush sees TSLA at four digits heading into next year:

Woke hit piece targeting the opinion of women…sent to me by my wife.

I know we don’t like to post such pieces here but I think it’s important to understand the ways in which Tesla/Elon’s opponents will try to slow the mission. I believe most of them (the journalists that put these pieces together) do not even realize how they are being manipulated.

For me, it’s behind a paywall, which is how I want it 😂

Can anyone from Germany comment about the permits? What exactly is needed and what’s the expected date the permits will be granted?
&TLDR: Everything is in place, just takes another 1-2 months for bureaucracy to finish up and issue the final permit.

There was a second round where locals could submit objections and they are finishing up replying to that and doing a final writeup. So formally, the permit cannot be granted yet but people close to the decision have said that there are no issues left that would pose a problem, so it is only a matter of time.

Elon said today at the Giga Fest that he expects start of production in November or December. At 3:53:03 in this video:

Last edited:
No we don’t. But I personally found it interesting and informative that his wealth, the move to Texas/aka anti-abortion land, and the 137M verdict was woven together in a timely article targeting readers of VF, and how quickly the message reached my wife, who is not a consumer of all things Tesla or other places where the battle has been waged (fin media, tech media etc). It subconsciously and instantaneously shaped her opinion I’m sad to say, and she pushed back against one of my usual tirades on media hit pieces.

Remember that attorney I mentioned a day or two ago in a pretty forgettable post? And I wondered how this person could be so passionately against Tesla while possessing so little relevant information. Well, this person is much more likely to read an article from a source like this and form a very strong - albeit uninformed -opinion. Some of this goes back to the points @Sancho was making about left-leaning journalism. Not all of it is explicitly bought. Rather it is easy to get that segment of the population riled up about certain hot-button issues and I think this is well-understood by the PR firms acting on behalf of fossil/legacy interests.

Who do you think is going to be a large part of propelling Model Y to be the best-selling vehicle?
Thanks for the summary because I didn’t get past the title.

So here’s the thing, I don’t care who reads the article, if they believe it or not, or anything else on that front. And here’s why; out of my hands/control. Therefore I worry not. 😉

So am I understanding this right..........that they're putting the 2170 Cells into the structural format now? Meaning Tesla can swap between 2170 and 4680 at will with no downtime in production?

We don't know how quickly they can switch back and forth between structural 2170 to 4680, but it does appear they are able to incorporate either battery structurally in Berlin. Likely Austin too if needed.