Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“ Steering Assist Reduced-Steering may require increased effort” alert on car monitor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This alert was followed with a alert of “ Lane Departure Avoidance features unavailable”. This has happened twice this month to me. The steering locks up where I have to use extreme force just to get the car to turn. Tesla is saying it is the “ front vehicle Controller and steering rack motor feed errors. “ There is a possible recall Coming from the NHTSA because of thousands of car owners reporting problems with their steering going out on them.

This alert was followed with a alert of “ Lane Departure Avoidance features unavailable”. This has happened twice this month to me. The steering locks up where I have to use extreme force just to get the car to turn. Tesla is saying it is the “ front vehicle Controller and steering rack motor feed errors. “ There is a possible recall Coming from the NHTSA because of thousands of car owners reporting problems with their steering going out on them.

Sorry to hear about your issue. This happened to us recently with our '23 MX. There are threads in at least a few of the specific model forums with similar stories. Ours seems to have been fixed after Tesla replaced the steering rack (covered by warranty).

Here's one of the MX threads: HELP!! 2023 MXP_7000MLIES_UI_a020 - Steering Assist Reduced.