Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor ▀▄ eas | Dinan Suspension Components now available for Tesla Model Y!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 968928View attachment 968929View attachment 968930

Enjoy 😉

I have about 2.5 finger gap at the front and 3 finger gap at the rear.

Driving feels, pro is it feels firmer and less bouncier than stock. It feels great especially on a highway, as it feels more planted.

Con is on bad road you will feel the road more. I've never driven performance so I won't know how it feels compared to MYP but I expect it to feel similar as height isn't too different.

All in all I'd recommend it for anyone who mainly drives on highway or live in an area where roads are good.

Cheers!
Looks great, enjoy the new ride and stance!

@tom @ eas trying to decide between these Dinan 0.75” drop and H&R with the 1.7” drop. Do these ride similarly comfortwise despite the extra inch drop? Have you heard of people bottoming out on the H&Rs? Ground clearance-wise here are the numbers of how far we can drop the MYLR to match other Teslas: MS(with springs)1.5”, MS(air ride) 2.2”, M3 1.3”, M3P 1.8”, MYP 0.6”.

@tom @ eas trying to decide between these Dinan 0.75” drop and H&R with the 1.7” drop. Do these ride similarly comfortwise despite the extra inch drop? Have you heard of people bottoming out on the H&Rs? Ground clearance-wise here are the numbers of how far we can drop the MYLR to match other Teslas: MS(with springs)1.5”, MS(air ride) 2.2”, M3 1.3”, M3P 1.8”, MYP 0.6”.
Don't have any complaints from either brand on ride - go with whatever drop you desire.

You should have any bottoming out, unless you're a super aggressive driver or simply don't pay attention to driveways/speed bumps.

Last edited:
@tom @ eas My main concern is with getting in/out of standard or slightly steep driveways. I like the look of the H&R's 1.7" drop, my justification is that the new M3P is 1.8" lower than my MYLR, so if it comes stock like that, it probably doesn't have problems getting out of driveways. Dinan's .75" drop should clear driveways just fine and I never have to worry about it, hence why I am leaning more towards it. I can't make up my mind.

@tom @ eas My main concern is with getting in/out of standard or slightly steep driveways. I like the look of the H&R's 1.7" drop, my justification is that the new M3P is 1.8" lower than my MYLR, so if it comes stock like that, it probably doesn't have problems getting out of driveways. Dinan's .75" drop should clear driveways just fine and I never have to worry about it, hence why I am leaning more towards it. I can't make up my mind.
What about looking into the ST Suspension Coilovers instead? They're very reasonably priced and you can dial in the drop exactly to where you want it vs a fixed drop you get with springs - not to mention you'll be improving not only the height, but ride feel also.

This way - you get the best of both worlds.

What about looking into the ST Suspension Coilovers instead? They're very reasonably priced and you can dial in the drop exactly to where you want it vs a fixed drop you get with springs - not to mention you'll be improving not only the height, but ride feel also.

This way - you get the best of both worlds.

Nobody has ever suggested ST Suspensions coilovers, can you link me some user reviews and can you compare comfort with say Tein Endurapro plus with Stock 2023 MYLR springs(my current setup)? All I hear about is the $3000 Ohlin comfort coilovers being the most comfortable, and MPP non-adjustable coilovers being pretty good. From what I was told Tein Endurapro Plus + H&Rs are more comfortable than the MPP non-adjustable coilovers.

Nobody has ever suggested ST Suspensions coilovers, can you link me some user reviews and can you compare comfort with say Tein Endurapro plus with Stock 2023 MYLR springs(my current setup)? All I hear about is the $3000 Ohlin comfort coilovers being the most comfortable, and MPP non-adjustable coilovers being pretty good. From what I was told Tein Endurapro Plus + H&Rs are more comfortable than the MPP non-adjustable coilovers.
ST Suspensions is very popular on the BMW M platforms, they are the sister company to KW Suspensions (who manufactures MPP) based out of Germany.

The Tein EnduraPro Plus Struts are a good entry level strut, but mixing and matching with lowering springs already get you close to ST coilover territory. Warranty is better on the STs (Tein: 1 year, MPP: 2 year, ST Suspension: 5 years) and it comes complete with front top mounts. Honestly, I'm amazed The ST systems aren't talked about more often.

In respect to Dinan, we're getting way off topic in this thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions so we can keep things on topic.

Last edited: