Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 or 2 piece sunshade(2 or 4 actually)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see some that are a reflective piece that goes over a more rigid piece. I see some that are just one piece that says one side is reflective. It doesn't look reflective in the picture. Has anyone tried them both? I'm sure both are better than none so if anyone can help me decide. Thank you.

Following, since I've looked at about a thousand so far 🤷‍♂️
I bet the bullet and ordered the 2 piece ones. It went up super easy. My friend with the Y has a single piece one and says it doesn't seem to stop the heat super good. It's a pretty shiny silver sheet that goes over the mesh frame and has elastic on the corners so it fits onto the corners of the mesh frame. The only think I would say is that the rear shade seems to make the rear view really thin/low but I'm sure for viewing the road it's fine. Haven't driven with it yet today.

What brand did you end up going with?
Honestly, I've seen enough of them that I should just get one that's highly-rated on Amazon...
For some reason I don't get any emails saying someone responded. I'll have to check my settings. It's from SUMK for $59.99. I saw cheaper ones but didn't want to have to mail back. So far working great. Now wondering about the aftermarket fobs. I ordered a new phone so that will probably fix the issue. My car won't auto lock as I walk away

I ended up buying <insert random characters here>. It was like $35 after the coupon. Two-piece. Supposed to be here Thursday.
I'll see how much/less I can see out the back with it on and decide from there if I'll use it, or maybe cut it back a bit...
As much as I don't like covering up the glass inside, it's just gets so damn HOT in there. Highest I've noticed is close to 150. And even after it cools down, it's still hot on the top of my head. Can't even touch the glass for more than a few seconds without risking a burn.
And I hesitate to park under trees down here, especially during the summer/hurricane season.

Reactions: GodsPeace