Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Window Tint Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I am looking for some advice as I am getting my 2023 Model 3 RWD in MSM tinted this weekend. After extensive research I have settled on a shop which installs Llumar Formula1 Pinnacle and am pretty set on the windshield at 80% and front sides at 35%. However, I am afraid that 35% all around might be a bit too light as this is what I had on my old Mazda 3 I am stuggling to decide between the following options to "darken" the back a bit, without making the car hard to drive at night or looking silly. (The shop only carries this brand in 15 and 35%). I am located in southern california.

• 35% on the rear sides and 15% on the rear window (whole window, one piece)
  • 15% on the rear sides and 35% on the rear window (I like the idea of being able to see backwards at night in the mirror)
  • 15% on the rear sides and 15% on the rear window.
  • Stick with 35% all around

Does anyone have a similar setup or some pictures especially with the MSM color?

I got the 20% for the front and 15% for the rears. Perfect during the day but a little dark at night. Should have gone with 20 all around but it is ok. I am not going to have it redone having gone with the expensive Nano film.

Thanks all, I ended up going 35% all around and 80% windshield, looks great. Windows are still dark enough for me and the car looks elegant. The grey tone of the tint matches the silver of the paint really well. During cloudy conditions and evening the darkness is perfect, during full sun I think it could be better at 25-30%, but thats ok.